Justice

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 20. May 2011, 05:55 in Community Chit-chat archive
There is no fear of punishment now, is there? The law is as weak as a lettuce leaf, one can transgress with wild abandon without the fear of any decent retribution by society. Having said that, if I fail to renew my car insurance or summat I fully expect to be banged up for life with no chance of parole. There is a general lack of respect for authority figures and given how power-less the police etc are it is not surprising. Leroy should be a far busier boy - but I think prison serves as a very useful academy for learning further crime. Perhaps they should introduce formal crime qualifications, parole could be considered after achieving NVQ levels 1,2,3 and 4 in insurance fraud, etc. Bet that would act as a deterrent. Education for self-improvement? Nah, fanx.
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Did you see the story of the case of Romanian gypsy gang that fiddled £800,000 out of the benifits sytem here, the most any of them got was 2 years!, as you say Del there's two levels of justice for us, those who do a lot of damage seem to get lightly dealt with but if your honest and pay taxes your screwed to the floor, I think it's got something to do with the civil liberties lot, there is an army of social workers lawers and support groups for the serious criminal yet only one body for victim support.
    I know Ken Clarke is in the cake over his comments but in reality it's been going on for a long time, they already let rapists etc out eairly and have been doing for a long time, how many cases have you seen in the press about crimes being commited by just let out pedophiles rapists and murderers.
    The one that gets me is "care in the comunity", one person a week is murderd here by somone who should be in a secure mental unit but the Liberals still champion these sick peoples rights over evryone elses so we have to all deal with their little bit of dangerous social engineering