Bad day today !!!

Options
wendgro
wendgro Member Posts: 296
edited 20. May 2011, 10:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Having a not so good day today my hip and knee are really playing me up. Do you think if I cut it off it would be better because thats just what I feel like doing. The time is getting nearer and nearer to commit to having my other hip replaced then perhaps my new knee would behave better has anyone heard of having a hip and knee on the same leg replaced at the same time iv'e heard of a double knee replacement the saying goes kill two birds with one stone.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Tell you what, I will do yours if you wil do mine: I think a double amputation is required and Mr DD has a rather fetching blue junior hacksaw. It could be a bit messy but I reckon we will both feel better after!

As for the replacement question: I have no idea, but I don't think they would do a knee and a hip on the same side at the same time, the physio would be a nightmare, yes? The TKR may well help the dodgy hip though - a new joint would mean a better leg all-round, perhaps your knee would be better re-aligned and that could ease some of your discomfort. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,486
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop DD :shock:

No hacksaws :roll: it is not allowed :wink:

Poor you wendy l do hope thinsg ease off for you soon as l am certain the pain of aputating your own leg would be terrible!!

Serioulsy though maybe the hip is causing the knee pain?? Just a thought...

Love and hugs to both of you

Toni xx