I've come home again

Options
constable
constable Member Posts: 2,115
edited 24. May 2011, 03:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
I'm back, finally, got carted away in an abulance Tuesday, not a pleaseant ride I can tell you. My left leg decided to start swelling up to the point that I couldn't move it. And the scar was still leaking a lot.

After loads of tests and threats of reopening and washing out the newly impanted hip, it turned out that as you know they give a course of anti-blood clotting tabs, unfortunately I was already on two other types, so the outcome was terrible bruising and swelling and the scar leaking badly. So for the next so many days I am going to have a fine time leeking blood everywhere, poor tony clearing it up. Now I told them all the medication I have to take and they still got it rwrong.

Karen xx
Karen xx

Comments

• magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    edited 20. May 2011, 16:51
    Options
    Hi Karen,

I'm sorry I've missed this. I didn't know that you'd been taken into hospital! Poor you, sounds awful. Glad you're back though. Take care and rest well :wink:

Eileen x
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Karen, im sorry you got taken back in , i didnt know sorry, what an awful time you are having. i hope it all settles down soon for you xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Karen....I too have missed that you had to go into hospital again.

What a horrible time you have had.
    I hope the scar now starts to behave and you get well soon.

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • constable
    Options
    Tony would have posted on the forum but he was in such a state he just forgot to let you all know

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Oh , Karen , poor you and poor Tony ; bet he's been worried sick . Hope you will soon be on the mend and able to get lots of healing rest now you're back home where you belong . Jillyb
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    OMG. I was wondering where you were - I thought that perhaps we had all been a little too honest in our replies about your prior predicament you had deserted us.

Karen, I am so, so sorry to read this. This should not have happened and perhaps it has occurred as a result of being released far too early and with far too little support. You poor girl. This is ghastly. Concentrate now on getting better, yes? And no washing up for a good few weeks. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    DD's absolutely right, constable. If they knew you were already on anti- blood-clotting tabs this should not have happened.

OK you are positively banned from the kitchen or any other place of potential labour. From now on you're a lady of leisure, at least until you cease leaking. Our spies are everywhere. We will know if you try to sneak anywhere near the kitchen sink.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Gosh Karen - that sounds worrying - I didn't know that could happen..

Hope things soon settle down for you.

Marion
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Karen sounds horrible please do look after yourself sending you lots ((((((())))))) Keep Smiling :smile::smile::smile:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    Oh Karen sorry to hear this - you take care and hope it all settles down now - wow you are a brave girl!
    Cath
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Karen

Jeepers how scary was that. :shock: So sorry love and hope you are resting up back at home now. I kinda assume this was the K & S? Spent a long evening in Casualty with my sis there at Christmas until they finally admitted her after a 6 hour wait so you have my sympathy! :roll:
    Am sure you and Tony have had a really rough few days so do take care and take it easy. I hope the bleeding and bruising soon subside for you.
    Gentle hugs and healing to you both ((( )))
    Chris
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Karen
    I am so sorry to hear this, for gods sake do people not listen, I do hope that from now on your recovery can begin, like DD said you came home so early, but I am sure you will get there.
    You must rest now, in between the walking you will have to do.
    Please try to let us know how you are doing.
    Love to you and Tony
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning Karen, I hope you had a reasonable night and that things are not too bad this morning. To ensure that you get a decent amount of rest this time around may I suggest you keep a small bottle of ketchup (and a tiny phial of English mustard) handy for dribbling onto your bandages? It will look sufficiently blood/pus like to convince bods that you are not yet up to hoovering, dog walking, housework and doing a reel on X factor. :smile:

For God's sake girl, look after yourself. DD
  • constable
    Options
    That's a good one d.d but I dont need to my legs doing it all for me. Woke up this morning and my side of the bed was rather damp and red. I've got complete bed rest for the nest couple of days till the bleeding eases up enough. good game, good game, I don't think, because I am a clean freak. :lol:

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Karen,

Glad your home again but sorry this has happened to you. It doesn't sound very fair to say the least.

I hope the rest will help and your soon back on track again. Cris x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Constable, arthritis and cleanliness are a bad mix - especially if you chuck in two sons as I did. One thing at a time and, right now, it ain't the cleanliness. Get someone to change the sheets and, at the end of two days, follow DD's excellent advice (I wonder where she learnt that???) to get a few more.

Take care.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh Karen, I am so sorry, how very unpleasant for you - have they given you any idea as to when this leaking should stop? (From the 'care' you have had so far, I am guessing not.) :sad: I hope they have sorted the meds out correctly, and that things start to improve soon. DD
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Hi Karen

Ooh that doesnt sound good but i suppose you have to look it as a minor set back?
    Id be hellish with that mind you, leaking all over the spot....and blood is a quaease attack for me...

Hope you get over this quickly...

Elainex
    constable wrote:
    I'm back, finally, got carted away in an abulance Tuesday, not a pleaseant ride I can tell you. My left leg decided to start swelling up to the point that I couldn't move it. And the scar was still leaking a lot.

After loads of tests and threats of reopening and washing out the newly impanted hip, it turned out that as you know they give a course of anti-blood clotting tabs, unfortunately I was already on two other types, so the outcome was terrible bruising and swelling and the scar leaking badly. So for the next so many days I am going to have a fine time leeking blood everywhere, poor tony clearing it up. Now I told them all the medication I have to take and they still got it rwrong.

Karen xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,956
    Options
    Hi Karen.
    i'm sorry this has happened to you.please rest you were sent home to early.
    you take care and enjoy being waited on the time will soon go.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Karen what a c*ck up. How can they be so flippant with your health. I am very angry on your behalf. :evil :x
    Also I would hate blood stained sheets but would have to change them myself and sometimes thats not worth the effort.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Karen
    So sorry that you have had to go through this. It really is not acceptable that your pre-op meds were not taken into consideration when they were prescribing more stuff!
    I hope that you are feeling better soon and you are soon back on the road to recovery xx
    NB
  • constable
    Options
    Just wanted to say a big THANKYOU for all your replies. Today Tony let me come down stairs for the first time since getting home so that was nice. It looks like the bleeding is starting to slow down a bit now(thank god) and tomorrow the district nurse will be coming in so poor Tony wont have to deal with any more. I found out why I never got all the correct care after, the hospital never sent the discharge letter from the first time.

Any way, after that ramble. Thank you again, you are a great bunch.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hi Karen,

Glad you seem to be getting there, slowly but surely! Hospital sounds p**h though! Tony must have been extremely worried about you. Hopefully the District nurse will get you sorted and you'll be up and about soon.
    Take care and (((((()))))) to you and family

Eileen xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Karen,

Bet it was good to get downstairs for a bit? Hope the district nurse can sort you out and glad the bleeding has retreated a bit but so sorry the hospital got it so wrong. I hope they will now take good care of you to make up for it?

Hi to Tony as well and a hope its all getting easier for you both? Cris x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning Karen, I hope all is well today. Have you been able venture downstairs again? A change of scene does help matters, I find. I hope the leaking has eased, if not stopped, and that you are feeling OK in yourself. DD