Hello!

Options
misslizm
misslizm Member Posts: 4
edited 22. May 2011, 16:32 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone

Another newbie here. I have inflammatory arthritis, which was diagnosed in November 2010. My consultant and I are still working out which is the best medication for me, but at the moment I am taking Sulphasalazine and steriod tablets. I may have to start taking Methotroxate, which prompted my visit to this forum today as I want to hear how others have got on with it.

Looking forward to chatting with you all on here :smile:

Liz

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Liz :smile:

Welcome to the forum. It would be best if you posted any questions you may have on the Living with Arthritis zone, more forum members look in there or the Chitchat zone for non arthritis related "stuff" and there is the cafe there too, which has it regulars. :grin:

Looking forward to seeing your name around the forum, :smile:

Look after yourself,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Liz
    And a very warm welcome to this forum, Elna has said it all, I do hope to see you posting more very soon.
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    welcome from me as well we look forwarded to hearing from u i have same as you different meds though val
    val
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Hi Liz
    Welcome from me too :smile:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hi misslizm, it's nice to meet you. I was diagnosed with an inflammatory arthritis in 2002 (which they eventually decided was psoriatic arthritis in 2006) and am on sulph, meth, humira and oral steroids. I can honestly say that I have had very little trouble with taking the meth (I am on the injected form). It seems a very scary drug (which I guess it is) but side effects are not guaranteed, it can be a very effective treatment if it is given early enough, and it's worth trying. Everyone reacts differently to the meds, I hope you are in the group that has little trouble and much benefit. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben