bad purple knees today

Options
princess935
princess935 Member Posts: 90
edited 22. May 2011, 14:47 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, i have woken today feeling rubbish, feel sickish and banging headache, just awful.

Anyway knees the same pain and stiffnes, not worse or anything but just took a look at them and they look terrible, look bruised, all the small blood vessels have broken, they are purple, this happens about 2-3 times a week, but never this bad. looks like someone has been kicking the inner sides of my knees.

Do you think this could be linked to me feeling sick etc or not linked at all?

i have taken lots of photos to show the consultant next week
thanks

Comments

• misslizm
    misslizm Member Posts: 4
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about your knees :sad: How did you feel once you got moving around today, did things improve?

Good idea about taking photos to show your consultant. I have inflammatory arthritis, which is really playing up today. Unfortunately, it seems that whenever I see my consultant, the inflammation behaves itself! I never thought to take photos, but will do in future.

I'm afraid I don't know whether it could be linked to you feeling sick, etc, but it could well be. Make sure you tell your consultant about how you feel today. Good luck for your appointment :smile:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have a lot of broken blood vessels at the outside of my knees, towards the back of the joints; I put it down to aging and fatness and genes - my dad had them too. I am not a doctor and have no idea if this is arthritis-related or not: none of the rheumatology consultants I have seen over the past nine years have commented on it but yes, if it is bothering you, mention it. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi princess,

Sorry you have this one. Personally I think it is linked but it might not be.

I know when I have a full blown flare up its like that but I don't have the bruising just swelling and stiff or no movement

Hang i there and hopefully your consultant can help with this one. When do you see them? Don't forget we do half decent pocket duties if needed.

You rest and maybe elevate those knees and keep an eye on them cus if they get any worse it might be worth having them looked at before you see the consultant? I think I would if they were mine to be honest. Hope it all eases back for you soon. Cris x

Hi Missliz,

Welcme and nice to meet yu. x