Lubricating injections

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 23. May 2011, 15:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,

Hope everyone well. I wonder if anyone can help me? What is in the injection that lubricates the joint, is it Hyalorunidase (sp!)? If so, has anyone had this done?
Thanks,
Magenta x

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Eileen,

Not sure if its the right name but it does sound like something we both need eh?!

Do you think they are going to give you that? I wanted them to do some f that but they wouldn't... mind i also wanted the magic disc one, you know the one that pumps up dehydrated discs? they wouldn't do that either :lol:

Hope you have had a decent weekend and leaving you a ((( ))) and a hope. love Cris xx
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Cris,

How are you? Hope you're doing ok girl. I've had a lovely weekend but as usual, over far too soon!

I've been told I'm getting something in my jaw that will help to lubricate it. I know it's not steroid cos I'll get that next if the lubricating one doesn't help. I was too stunned to ask what it was.

Take care,

Eileen xx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Magenta

I think Hyaluronan is the word you are looking for? Sorry I can't add more or offer advise, but as an former librarian in another life I do like a challenge! :lol: :roll:
    Apparently often used for knees but also for 'popping jaws' :shock:
    Good luck with it and I hope it helps.
    take care
    Chris
  • magenta
    Options
    Thanks Chris,

Magenta x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    You going to tell us when this is happening Eileen :shock:

sounds very interesting :grin:

Love

toni xx
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Toni,

You're a wee minx :wink:

I'm going for a pre-assessment on the 30th with the intention of going into hospital on the 3rd of June for injections into my jaw-all under a lovely general anaesthetic!

I'm looking forward to it as I'm hoping it works but worried too cos I don't know what I'll be like after it. I'm going to have to make lots of soup and buy lots of ice-cream :grin:
    Eileen xx