Finally have appointment this week

Options
80squeen
80squeen Member Posts: 69
edited 22. May 2011, 15:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone.
Sorry I'm not posting much - at the moment all my energy is going into work and by the time I get home there's none left!! :cry: After feeling like months of waiting I finally have an appointment on Thursday with the surgeon to see what he will do with my hip (Dreading it somewhat but also desperate to get some answers if that makes sense!) So tired of dragging myself around at work (so tired anyway!) and wondering just how much longer I can keep going like this for. Here's hoping for a good outcome! Best wishes to all, Josie

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good luck for Thursday, I hope you are able to glean some answers. Make a list of things you want to raise with whoever you are seeing, plus notes about what makes things worse/better, tiredness/energy levels etc. The more info you can give them the better-informed their treatment plan will be. Let us know ho you get on, if you can. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Josie,

Will be in your pocket Thursday... what time are we off?

Hope you get the answers, its not something you want to know about but you need to have some help there cus this isn't fair.

Hows that foot by the way?

Make sure you have big pockets though cus a lot of us will be jumping in them.

Hope you soon feel a lot better and less tied and leaving a ((( ))) and rally nice to see you. Cris xx
  • 80squeen
    Options
    Hi Cris, how are you doing? Thankyou, that's really kind of you! 2pm on Thursday - by the end of the week I always look awful so with a bit of luck that may help! Best option - cartledge repair, worst resurface, very worst - leaving it like it is!! The foot is good thanks - bit of stiffness now and again but nothing close to like it was before - hopefully I'll get a similar success with the hip!!
    Great to hear from you
    J x
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Good luck for Thursday,let's hope things get sorted.Have you anyone to go with you,two brains and two sets of ears can be a great asset (I can vouch for that).Will be in your pocket!
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • 80squeen
    Options
    Hi Ron, thankyou for your good wishes. No, am going on my own as going straight from school. To be honest, I find I'm often better that way as only have myself to worry about, if you know what I mean. I take myself off for a cup of tea and a think about what has been said before I drive home usually.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Josie,

Will be in that pocket flower for sure. i think my body will have a midline abut then as well so wont forget your appointment :wink:

I hope he will come up with some answers for you and that you get some real help with it as this isn't fair.

maybe they can up your pain relief a bit?

Glad the foot is better than it was, mine took a long time to settle and probably 18 months before it stopped really hurting and tis still early days inn orthopedic terms for you.

Kinda shot at the mo men and finding the pa a bit f an advisory just now... it will lose it just needs to learn that :lol::lol:

Make sure you have big pockets though and will be with you Thursday at 1.30ish so wont make you late :wink: Really hope they will help you and come up with a plan. (((( )))) Cris xx