Climbing PenYGhent

Options
lupin15
lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
edited 23. May 2011, 06:29 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have been on a trip to try and climb PenY Ghent to help out with a school trip (not ours another school)....high winds of over 30 miles per hour stopped us in a tracks... We also had loads of bl...y rain...Typical couldn't have picked a worse day if we had tried...actually thats a lie...tomorrow they are going to be 30-60 per hour.
Hail stones were hitting our faces which felt like missiles. I felt so sorry for the kids but safety had to come first. We were lying on the ground at one point but in was to dangerous. Must admit i still had a great time but now paying the price..
Noone told me it would be a climb...i thought it was just a walk and there i was climbing up small rock areas to get up the first part of the walk/climb with a pigging walking stick one of the kids didn't want...the wind trying to knock you off your feet, grasping for air because i could hardly breath...God i am too old for this. Now lying in bed aching all over with a wind burnt face..... hubby has not stop laughing and the reason for this is...............
He told the school that if they needed someone to go one of us could go...at the time they said no we are fine....phew i thought as hubbys back has been really bad and i have just recovered from a bad back. Then last Monday we were asked if one of us could go...well i got dicked.
Let you are know if i can move tomorrow....wonder what colour my face will be?

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    just think of all that fresh air you should sleep tonight well done on managing all you did your oh should wait on you hand and fist for this lol
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    blimey you have done well ...I wouldnt have even attempted it.....it sounds like an SAS course...good on you...I hope you dont feel to sore tomorrow.
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I wouldn't have made it out of the car park :shock:

Well done anyway mi dear...
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    well only sore hip and leg today...and a clicking sore neck.... Feel quiet proud of myself and quite of myself as i am ......scared of heights. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: in a way i am relieved we didn't manage to get up...as the coming down could have been quite interesting :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Although in a sadistic way i would like to go back and try to complete the climb. :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    If the soreness gets too painful , all you'll need to do is think of the fantastic adventurous day you helped to give those children . Well done you . Jillyb