Hi All, long time......

Options
Chinup
Chinup Member Posts: 68
edited 23. May 2011, 07:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, I have been reading all your post, sorry I have not been on for a long time, Arthur not been to good to me, Humira injections I started in Nov made me feel ill, had to stop after fourth injection, took 4 months before I could say I felt normal again well normal as could be with arthur constantly around, I could not explain how I felt but I just felt ill, starting infusions in a couple of weeks, has anyone any experiance of these and how I will feel after?, I have to be in hospital for 8.30, and im not sure weather to go straight back to work from hospital? and how long it will take, I have another after 2 weeks then at six weeks then every other 8 weeks, fingers crossed for this round of treatment, i had my knees drained in november and they have been ok since, just everwhere else I seem to suffer now especially my hands, the palms and knuckles can go so red and painfull somedays I cant unbend my fingers, hence why I do not come on line so often., I hope you are all coping ok, and will let you know how I get on. xxx :smile:

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    great to hear from you we do worry about people when they go awall can not help you but as you know others will be able to good luck do hope they work for you val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    This sounds like infliximab infusions, yes? I had those once. I remember that the first infusion took a couple of hours and I had to stay in the hospital for about an hour after to make sure I didn't have a reaction to it. The work issue wasn't one as I am self-employed and I think I took the rest of the day off. The second infusion was done a little faster but I still had to wait as before. The third went the same way then that was the end of it for me.

I loved having the infusion, it was a chance to sit in a comfy chair for a couple of hours, drinking tea and eating biscuits, chatting to people or reading a book. Utter bliss. Much, much nicer than stabbing myself in my stomach every fortnight with the humira and every week with the meth. I envy you and I hope they work much, much better for you than they did for me. Good luck! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Just wanted to say welcome back Chin up. Hope injections help alittle. bubbadog. :smile:
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    I wish you all the best with the injections - keep your positive mindset that they will work!

Carol
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hiya Di

It has been a good couple of months since you were posting. :wink::smile: Welcome back. :smile: I am sorry to hear about your hands but at least your knees have calmed down. I wish you well with the infusions. Do let us know how you go on,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.