Baby chicks

Options
suncatcher
suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
edited 26. May 2011, 15:41 in Community Chit-chat archive
We have 21 baby chickens some born yesterday and some today one is about to hatch then we have two more to go. My hubby got 7 quail from the welsh show and a large incubator. My son was the first to see them start hatching and would not go to sleep until 11 as he is too excited. He talks to them and sings nursery rhymes to them. Me and my son went to party in park and he saw pc plum of balamory. I saw leon Jackson i was right at the front. The fair stalls lots of local bands. zumba and dance display martial arts, wrestling ect we had a good day at Stourbridge. I was so tired and in pain but so happy and returning home to find baby chicks was the good end to a brilliant day. :grin:
hubby and daughter enjoyed welsh show pity it clashed with the party in park but son could not miss pc plum :grin:
Joanne

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    We have baby wildlife sprouting everywhere! Puppies, kittens, chicks, blue tits, what a fecund place this is! I hope they are all well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    'What's the story in Balamory' How BRILLIANT for your lad to see PC Plum!!!

and all those little chicks too...what alovely boy to be so enchanted by chicks like that :grin:

Love

toni xx
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Hi dream daisy and frog Morton
    The chicks sit up and chirp if anyone comes near and they follow us. My sons school are also getting chicks for two weeks after the may break for the children to learn about so son has a head start at home. These chickens will be his to choose from and my daughter will choose some will go up our allotment. We have six adult quail and they are doing well and settling in to the new cage.
    You certainly have some pets dream daisy like us.
    nice hearing from you both from joanne
    Joanne
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ah suncatcher, I only have the blue tit babies (fledging ain't far off now, I reckon). I was severely allergic to anything with fur or feathers when a child, so as a result have little or no interest in animals now. Having said that, one of Rob's puppies has stolen my heart. Completely and utterly. Mr DD has always had a dog, so when we move and get a more user -friendly house the deal is he can have a dog and I will go and live in the garden.

I hope all the little ones are thriving. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Babies are doing well very cute and friendly. Love how they chirp a greeting to anyone who comes near them. Garden ok in summer the dog can go out in winter :grin: well better look around site enjoy from joanne
    Joanne