Today at the hospital

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 6. Jun 2011, 07:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
Oh dear. Oh del, I am sorry to hear that you too have the two sorts to contend with. Wanna borrer me zebra? This could explain why you thought the enbrel might be tailing off (and why I have had little faith in humira and meth). None of those are OA treatments so no wonder we don't feel much benefit overall - perhaps they are doing their stuff but we can't feel it as the OA pain is different. As you so rightly put it, :sad: .
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    The new place will have electronic touch screen booking in
    This is for people with arthritis, is it delboy? They have one at our health centre. I always have to ask someone else to do it for me as my cr8ppy fingers won't reach.

I suspect your new place will be, as my son refers to my grandson's Day Care place, A Little Germ Factory.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the new knee problem Rkid.. It seems a few of us are now doing the twin arthur dance eh? As DD says, could be why the RA meds ain't quite been cutting the mustard lately.
    The OA pain I get is different from the sero-neg pain. All bloody miserable as sin like.... :roll:

All these new fandangled touch screen appointment things, surely they ain't hygienic? How do I know how clean the numpty in front of me is or isn't,i mean, just look at some folks in the hospitals, you telling me they even wash on a regular basis.... I use the hand sanitiser stuff every ten mins or so when in the hospital, making sure I get the crutches or walking stick handles done too...
    Can't stand having to press the lift buttons, I'd rather press them with the end of the walking stick or summat... There are some minging people about I'm afraid, and there is never an excuse for being dirty.
    Sorry Del, got a bit side tracked, lol..

Best wishes with the OA Rkid.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Bah appears to have a very similar diet to me. Real ale plays a large part in it, and the majority of his food is cooked from scratch. Plain crisps, white wine and chocolate also feature from time to time. (Surely, in your case, his black stripes are the RA.) Actually, I see no reason why he couldn't have a twizebra. (caterina57, dorcas and chris7 will get that reference!) We could do formation zebra riding, even zebra dressage. What you need, I reckon, is a striped Harley or summat of that ilk. Much more you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hey Del

Not sure if the x-ray results are better or worse news in terms of what you were expecting? But at least you know what's what now.

Sorry bout the cholesterol malarkey though.

Tilly xxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Just want to say good luck with the cutting down of the red meat and alcohol. I have managed to stop smoking and I have noticed the female drinkers have all aged badly so that has put me off drinking.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi Del,

I have the same problem as you. I am a smoker and I don't really want to stop, it's my stress mechinism. When I went for my pre-op they kept on at me and atone point were not going to operate because my oxygen level was low. Where do they get off, when you are in most of them go outside for a quick cig themsleves.

We've just had a new hospital build, everything moving in for september and I am dreading that. Sorry to hear that you now have to deal with OA as well as RA, that's not fair.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I guess knowing the score always helps though some days, in the past, I'd have been happier with cr&p x-rays and a quicker route to new joints.

Can't help on the statins/cholesterol front. Touch wood it seems to be one bit of me that's OK.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright