Food allergies

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 24. May 2011, 03:46 in Community Chit-chat archive
Are they still affecting you despite the enbrel? All my intolerances have disappeared thanks to the anti TNFs. They do occasionally try to rear their ugly little heads when I am flaring (despite the meds I have flared repeatedly) but usually I am OK. It's been lovely to find out how ghastly fruit actually is, that eggs are not really that special, that tomatoes are still Satan's testicles (love that phrase!) but that cream is as good as it looks. Thanks for the info tho del, I may well consider turning to that when the humira fades away. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I do hope you know that I've patented that phrase DD & you now owe me ten pence! :shock: :shock: :lol:

I really should look into this but I'm thick & would either mis-understand or look at the wrong thing entirely...
    Is IBS a kind of allergic reaction to the certain foods that make my poor tummy flare...? Does anyone on the anti doo dah tablets mentioned have IBS & if so do those drugs help?
    I ain't gonna go google it all that's for sure,i don't know what I'm doing.. Lol

I know the mebeverine are fairly good at helping with mine but I'm on three a day & it still doesn't stop it altogether.

Just a thought
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • fudge
    fudge Member Posts: 78
    Options
    Hello del, sounds like a useful bit of kit for people with allergies, can't help thinking though - this is going to increase the time spent doing the weekly shop, cause traffic jams with the trolley's and run the battery down on the phone :!: Wish I could draw the mental picture I have in my head.

An allergy is not to be laughed at, and I'm not - I have food intolerances and the dooo dahh watsit that tony mentions - and the other brick end extreme :roll:

Suppose you could carry a spare in case you have to make a call - phone call that is .

Has anyone tried 'Indian Brandie ' for the relief of IBS - little bottle from chemist, few drops in water to be sipped during the day. No side effects, Ooooooo and not alcoholic.

submit / cancel - submit / cancel :arrow: :|

fudge
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I suspect you just like looking for young shop assistants. :roll: I see, poor SWMBO, well bung her some enbrel! Problem solved! :grin:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben