Tomorrow (24th) Ellie is 18!

Options
katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 24. May 2011, 16:09 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well Folks the dreaded time has come when my beautiful daughter Ellie becomes an adult. As many of you may know, she hasn't had too good a time of it over the last couple of years what with the meningitis scare etc. but she has come through them and Ubercool Ellie is now entering the most exciting phase of her life. With any luck (and a sympathetic exam marker!) she will be going to uni in September to train to be a teacher. She doesn't find exams easy - she knows her stuff but goes to pieces during the actual exam. So please all of you spare a thought for her tomorrow because she has an A Level exam at 9am in the morning so it means she has to get up very early to open pressies etc before she catches the 8am bus to the boys school (her school doesn't do business studies). Then there are no more exams until June 20th when she has 3 all in one day and another the day after.

We are taking her to a mexican restaurant on Wednesday evening because we're expecting family and friends around tomorrow. She didn't want a party because she has 5 friends who all have birthdays this week and they are all having parties. So I'll be here no doubt in 3 years time talking of her 21st birthday.

Just think, I'll be getting over her qualifying and getting her first job and then it will be Sarah's turn to start exams with the 11 plus, then GCSE's and A Levels. My goodness, I'll be old enough to be a Great Gran by then!!

Love Kate xx

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Kate

I remember when you had the meningitis scare with Ellie, and thank goodness she has come through it so well. You must feel so proud of her as she is doing so well at school. Tomorrow is a big day for her with her 18th birthday as well as an important exam. I think we parents often feel more nervous than the children when it comes to taking exams. My twins were both taking A levels, and subsequently their degrees at uni, at the same time, so it was double the worry for me.

I hope that Ellie will be successful in all her exams, and that she will achieve her ambition to become a teacher. My daughter has followed the same path, and she is now a full-time teacher as well as mother to three little girls, so she is very busy.

I hope that you will all have a lovely time on Wednesday, and to Ellie:

GOOD LUCK and

Happy-18th-Birthday_l.jpg

Joan :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    Happy Birthday Ellie and good luck with the exams, and Kate...she will always still be your little girl..... I don't have children of my own but my neice ( now a mummy to a 6 year old and a 2 year old ) and is 32 is still my Little girl
    Cath
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    h100.gif to Ellie :grin:

Kate I hope she has a wonderful day and good luck for her exams. Cris xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    i hope the exam goes well and she has a great day it not on is it 3 exams in one day you would have thought they could have sorted it better i know there are loads of different exams going on these days but it a big ask of any one sure she done her revision though val
    val
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Happy Birthday and good luck in her exams ...i am sure she will do fine.
    This year i have had my lads 18th daughter 21st in feb and hubbys 50th in march. They grow up so quick. Enjoy your evening out as well. (PS she will love teaching my eldest does).
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    :shock: :shock:

Firstly, best of luck for tomorrow'a exam Ellie, and a very Happy 18th!!!!!!!

Secondly :shock: :shock: What's going on with Len folks... He's been all nicey nicey wishey washey lately? I fear he has stumbled upon my stash of 'special tea' in Val's cafe....

:lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Happy 18th birthday to Ellie. What a shame she has an exam on the same day but with all her friends celebrating birthdays too and no exams until late June she can have a bit of a party/ relax/fun week
    She is very beautiful, just like her Mum. I'm sure she will have a great teaching career ahead of her.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Wanted to wish Ellie good luck with exams and to wish Ellie a very Happy Birthday, and that she has a great day! Amanda,(bubbadog). :grin:
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Just want to wish ellie a happy 18th birthday

and good luck with your exams.
    h080.gif

Love Juliepf x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    Happy Birthday
    Ellie and good luck with the exams have a lovely day.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Well Hi to you Kate

and a VERY VERY Happy and amazing 18th to Ellie :grin:

(sorry me smilies are not working)

I am so very pleased to hear she is doing so very well after that dreadful scare.

I am sorry l only just saw this but hope my belated wishes for the exam (Charlotte and Tia both had GCSE Eng lit too at 9) help make the examiner kind :wink:

Lots of love to you both :smile:

Toni xx
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Thank you all for your birthday wishes for Ellie. She has had a wonderful day even the exam seemed ok!! She has had presents and cards from lots of people but the one overwhelming thing she has received is huge amounts of love from all she knows. Her boyfriend and all his family have been around and my brother-in-law and his family were here at the same time - we had pink champagne and birthday cake and ellie just shone. After they left she came up to me, put her head on my shoulder and said "Thanks Mum" - so she may be a beautiful, kind, caring individual but she is still my girl xx

Kate xx

P.S. The pink champers was lovely - can just about type after 3 glasses!!!