just the thought..

Options
princess935
princess935 Member Posts: 90
edited 24. May 2011, 04:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
just the thought of getting up off the sofa makes me cringe, i am sitting here, stretching my legs out then that hurts so bring my knees in, that hurts after a few mins, then bringing them on the sofa, a few mins later that hurts. And i know that when i get up from this sofa, with my stick to help me, the pain and stiffness will be un real, i wanted to go to bed an hour ago, but the thought of getting up, steadying myself, trying to walk to turn the tv off, then walk to the kitchen to take a million tablets for my million conditions, then attempt the stairs, bend down to take my sandals off, life myself off the toilet, god it fills me with dread. can somebody please just come round and carry me to bed???

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Princess,

Know where you are coming form flower if that helps? I really hope that you got to bed and had a decent night and tomorrow is a better day for you. hang in there ((( ))) Cris x
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Hi Princess,
    Know exactly how you feel, it's just so draining the thought of having to move, I myself got a spare duvet and pillows out to sleep on the sofa tonight (I guess it's this morning now eh!) ribs,knee and elbows trying my patience sorely :???: nevemind, a good friend wise in these matters says 'it will pass, all things do' and she's absolutely right.
    Hang in there Princess, you're not alone in this, we're all here for you, chin up :grin:
    Hope you get a decent nights rest, take care and sending love and hugs x
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    do hope you managed to get some sleep leaving gentle hugs incase you need them val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It isn't easy adjusting to this new, painful and clumsy life, but as soon as I soon realised that this was it, it wasn't gong to go away, it wasn't going to get better, it all became easier. This was after my first op, a synovectomy, which I thought would mend everything. That's what the ortho surgeon told me. I know he didn't mean to lie, it would have been very helpful to both of us if flaming rheumatology had realised I had an inflammatory arthritis! :smile: Six months after the swelling returned and that is when I knew it was a permanent thing.

Keep ahead of the pain, ie take what you need when you need, in order to give yourself a period of adjustment. I have been playing this game a lot longer than you but even so, the audacity of my flaming body failing me in such a way still grates on occasion. It ain't on, is it? Is it just your knee or are other joints affected too? I apologise, I cannot remember. :oops:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Princess I do know where you are coming from if that helps. I find I push myself to get everything done knowing if I stop i'll never get up again!

Good luck with your appeal.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein