Ambril

Options
tia
tia Member Posts: 6
edited 24. May 2011, 12:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Im new to this i suffer with ruematoid and psoratic arthritis and ankling spondylitus sorry about spelling if its not quite right,i started humira injections a few week ago but on 2nd jab it made my heart race so now im on ambril injections ive had my 3rd jab.
They are making me quite tired and sweat quite alot still have some pain so really dont know if they will work probaly still early days yet.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi tia, I have PA and have been on humira for twenty-two months. Sweating is a huge problem, thanks to the H and the oral steroids, and yes, it can get you down. I have not had problems with my heart rate although my BP has shot up, again thanks to the H.

These anti TNF drugs can work very well but they can also cause other problems which require other, additional meds. We are on a treadmill, which proves to be worthwhile if the major drug, the anti TNF works, yes? I hope the humira does have a noticeable and positive effect on the RA and PA for you. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tia
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hi tia, I have PA and have been on humira for twenty-two months. Sweating is a huge problem, thanks to the H and the oral steroids, and yes, it can get you down. I have not had problems with my heart rate although my BP has shot up, again thanks to the H.

These anti TNF drugs can work very well but they can also cause other problems which require other, additional meds. We are on a treadmill, which proves to be worthwhile if the major drug, the anti TNF works, yes? I hope the humira does have a noticeable and positive effect on the RA and PA for you. I wish you well. DD
    Hi Thanks for replying yes i hope so too.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Tia,

Welcome to the forum, you found the right place for sure.

Hope it will settle for you and work well for you. Some people get relief fairly early on and some it takes a bit longer t work for. Fingers crossed for you and nice to meet you. Cris x
  • tia
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Tia,

Welcome to the forum, you found the right place for sure.

Hope it will settle for you and work well for you. Some people get relief fairly early on and some it takes a bit longer t work for. Fingers crossed for you and nice to meet you. Cris x
    Hi Thanks yeah i hope it works soon going to hospital this afternoon for check up so fingers crossed nice to meet you too.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,469
    Options
    Hi Tia

very pleased to meet you :smile:

I am sorry about the reaction.....very frustrating for you.

You have the same name as one of my girls :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • tia
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Tia

very pleased to meet you :smile:

I am sorry about the reaction.....very frustrating for you.

You have the same name as one of my girls :wink:

Love

Toni xx
    Hi Toni
    Thanks i will just have to grin and bare it and see what happens.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Tia,

hope the check up went well flower? Cris x
  • tia
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Tia,

hope the check up went well flower? Cris x
    Hi yeah not bad said it can take 3 months before i could see any benefit thanks for asking :smile: x Tia