feeling good

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 25. May 2011, 14:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
ok so was up in night had to take pain meds but this morning while they were still around sorted two cupboards out cerial and tins you should have seen dates on some of them the odd month ok by me but some were 3 years :oops: :oops:
been putting it off since arther got me glad that sorted just one more to do would have done it but have to stand on stool and leg starting to bite back so rest now happy for a change :grin::grin: such a feeling of achivement val
val

Comments

• Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good for you Val, well done! If you want to pop round and do mine you'll be very welcome :lol::lol:
    Xxx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Good on you Val. It is a nice feeling when you've managed to do something isn't it. It's a good feeling. I cant wait to get back to clearing up my place(not that tony and the girls aren't doing their bit). Hope you having a good rest now.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Val, I did some drawers out last week and it does feel good doesn't it.....I still have more to do but it can wait.

juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have an entire house to sort out. :sad: Never mind, I have just spent a very agreeable fifteen minutes with an old toothbrush and some cream cleaner, cleaning all the gunk and limescale from the dish and cutlery drainers. Hugely satisfying AND it can be done sitting down. Result!

Well done valval, sit back and enjoy the satisfaction! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I've been a naughty boy.... Lol
    I started off just doing a little but of the glossing in the hallway... What a sight... Me, laid on mi side on the floor shuffling forward a bit at a time like some retarded, tattooed caterpillar... Got carried away, did the whole skirting board, plus the door frames, must have been a tad high on the gloss fumes as I didn't even think it was a stupid idea to do it all.. Haha..
    It looks so much nicer though. Just need to save up for some new doors..
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    Options
    tony well done need to decorate but putting it off so far have to catch up on housework first been couple of years since been able to do good job working takes most of energy (need the money) so something has to give it the big jobs and decorating that have waited perhaps this will be the year where it all gets sorted you never know (pigs might fly)
    thanks for all your messages you all do great job of copeing i am proud to know each and every one of you well done all of you get pain meds ready 4 tony bless him he going to suffer val
    val
  • tjt6768
    Options
    You are such a luv.

I can hardly move, everything is seizing up..

Had diazepam, should help a bit..

Must rest.. Hands are bloody sore.

I'll take any extra meds you've got going though, I'm not fussy :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    Options
    it strange how it does not hurt so much as you do it. it later or next day when it gets so bad you wish you had stopped earlyer lol can you get warm bath tony or can you not get back out??? when bad dare not get in or would never get out
    val
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Started struggling with baths a long time ago hun. Now have a wet room shower, but at least I can sit on the seat in there, lol..
    I do miss a lovely bath.

We have just booked to go back to Keilder Forest in October, booked a deluxe lodge with a whirlpool bath.. Janet may have to help me in and out but I'm certainly looking forward to having a good soak in a tub.. Lol

Not gonna be online long, even holding the phone hurts now, lol..
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    Options
    tony sleep well pal fingers are crossed you do a bath is amazing enjoy your whirl pool heaven it sounds val
    val
  • tjt6768
    Options
    thanks hun. Got a while to wait though.. Lol

Goodnight hun.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    A retarded, tattooed caterpillar. :shock: I always had you down as rather a good-looking kinda chap. Strewth.

Stuff doesn't hurt while you are doing it because your attention is absorbed in the task at hand, and you keep thinking 'Oh, I can do a little bit more, I can just finish off that bit, well, while the paint's out . . . . . ' It's dangerous, starting jobs or chores, one can so easily get carried away. That's why my house looks as it does - I don't start nuffink now. I've learned that lesson.

Tony mate, I hope you haven't done yourself too much damage but hats off to you for doing that work. It's spirit that keeps us going (no, not gin, the other kind) and you have that in spades. Rest up today, please. DD
  • tjt6768
    Options
    My dear friend DD, a good looking chap eh? You smooth talker you, lol..
    I doubt I look so good today, another day when diazepam has had to be consumed, no other way to ease it I'm afraid.. Me and my trusty furry, purry pillow, aka, the great white dope, Ra.. We've been sleeping like nobodies business this morning. Can't postmore as my elbows and hands hurt too much to even hold the phone for more than a minute at a time, lol..
    This day is most certainly one of rest, haha..

I'm a tad drowsy so probably back to sleep..

Your friend, the ugly scatterpillar.. :lol::wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I tried to picture a retarded tattooed caterpillar and I just got images from beatlejuice in my head. Very strange! It's funny when you wake up in the middle of the night or at sillyo'clock what you go and do! The once I decided I must clean the cupboard doors down because they are made of high gloss material they mark terrible! So cleaned them, washed up from night before and dried and put away and then sat on seattee and caught up reading my magazines. But it is very strange what people do when they can't sleep! Amanda, (bubbadog).

P.S Glad to see you back on form Tony my buddy, missed you! :smile:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    We had a 'What has made you smile?' thread for a while, didn't we, and there was another happy-themed one too but I can't remember its name. Threads come and go but go on, rehab, set it up: what has made you feel good today? For me so far, nothing. (although something that would, would be giving those two stupid ladies who knocked on my door and told me how to get rid of my arthritis a good dose of said dross. That would set me up nicely.) DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Being asked to pass on the benefits of wisdom, learning and knowldege is always nice, it makes one feel valuable, useful, helpful. You are a keen (and good) gardener, aren't you rehab? I am neither. How old is said grandaughter? DD
  • kneegirl
    kneegirl Member Posts: 492
    Options
    Your Grandchildren have nice names rehab :-)
    event.png