ESA forms

Options
cpontefract
cpontefract Member Posts: 73
edited 25. May 2011, 07:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone, hope your all ok

Last week i phoned up ESA to re-claim (my last claim was in april 10, but after apeal they said i could work. Found out they had assessed me based on me being in my plaster cast and not with arthritis (which i had informed them of) but my GP has signed me off sick again, hes not happy with me looking for work coz of the amount of pain im in). Anyway the lady i spoke to told me that because i had a dormant claim i had to reclaim via paper, instead of the phone, and sent out all the paper work. I have just finished filling it, it has taken me nearly 2 hours, as my hands just cant hold a pen. Just hope its been worth it, coz im now in agony, and have soooo many things that need doing.

Any who.... i shall keep you updated, im about to ring DLA to see how i go about claiming that, as i cancelled a claim before it sorted coz i wanted to go back to work. Ohhhh the joys xx
Claire
Keep Smiling :D

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,469
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Claire

you did well doing all that paperwork and don't forget to photocopy it :wink:

As for the DLA you can claim that (at the moment) even if you are at work.

Can l wish you all the luck in the world and yes don't forget to keep us up to date

Love

toni xx
  • cpontefract
    cpontefract Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Ohhh thanks Toni! I didnt know you could claim it even if you work! :shock:

Surprised the JC allow that lol

Just photocopied everything onto the pc, not gonna print it to waste paper
    Havent got the energy to ring DLA today, so its on the top of the list for tomorrow :D xx
    Claire
    Keep Smiling :D
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Only thing I would add to other peoples' comments is to let them know how long it takes you to fill the form in due to your pain ; my hubby fills in any forms needed on my behalf , adds a note to say as much , and then I sign . Jillyb