I'm a March Hare

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
edited 25. May 2011, 14:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
I was born in March & I love wind. I go slightly crazy in wind (Very crazy the rest of the time. I know. I know) so after lunch I persuaded Mr SW that he wanted to go round our local tarn. Talk about exhilerating! (Better not, as I can’t spell it. Is that right?) You could practically surf on the waves. No, I didn’t. He was all for shoving me in to have a go though. Bless the man! He does try to let me experience a wide variety of stuff. Like drowning.

I had to use the chair when the wind was at my back cos it just took my knees & shot me forward. When Mr SW let go of the chair it carried straight on but he was quick to point out that it didn’t once my weight was added. Walking into the wind was terrific. I probably only managed a third of a mile but what a third! Pure magic. Good job I got my hair cut last week. Fewer knots. I'm a happy, knotty bunny.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I too am a March hare but I loathe the wind. It buffets and bounces and hits and GETS IN MY WAY. I think it's because when I was younger and the asthma was rife I could not breathe in windy weather for all kindsa reasons. And my sticks sound ghostly. :shock:

Exhilarate/exhilarating/exhilarated. There is 'a rat' in exhilarate, just as there is in separate.

Oh sticky, I can just picture you and Mr SW being bowled along by the buffeting breeze! I am glad you had a good time, glad you enjoyed it, and glad you posted about it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    Options
    The 'rat' aint a problem. It's the 'h' and 'a' or 'e' that bother me.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    That's why it's 'a rat' rather than just 'rat'. You can visualise it quite well too. I hope it helps/works. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi

I was born in February and I too love windy days - provided they don't come with rain, snow or sleet. My husband laughs at my delight at breezes and strong winds. I had my hair cut last week and it was a joy to have it whip about without ending up in a massive curly mess.
    A breezy day by the beach has got to be the winner for me.

It's nice to know that there are other like-minded folk who love a windy day! It blows the cobwebs away!

Sharmaine
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sticky,

well your not coming off the roof to play with the real ones here..... would never get you back up there if I did....

Tis cold so chucking you and Maddie a blanket...

Glad you had a good time out and a third of a mile isn't bad going you know. Fancy not wanting to go surfing through..... you got no sense f adventure :lol: Hey down here the latest thing seems to be the kiteboarding... now that would be safer for you to do maybe?

Tis good you just got out and enjoyed it. Cris xx
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Have to agree with Sharmaine , breeze blowing along the sea front just can't be beaten . It blows away the cobwebs and takes all your cares and worries with it too . Maybe that's why I always look so windswept and bedraggled ! Jillyb
  • stickywicket
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hey down here the latest thing seems to be the kiteboarding...

Sh!!! Don't tell my husband. He'll have me rigged up in no time.

DD - I've finally got the hang of 'the rat', or should that be 'a rat' business. Many thanks. I'll try to remember. It's possible I'll succeed.

Jillyb1 and Sharmaine - good to meet some fellow windaholics.

Now, can anyone explain why I feel as I do today - achier but looser than usual? I have vague recollections of feeling like this yonks ago during 3 week intensive physio stays in hospital. I also seem to remember that the rule was to keep exercising & take the pain killers as it means things really are loosening up. I find it hard to believe any of my glued up joints will loosen but I've done the exercises and feel no worse for them and will soon take the painkillers.

This is wierd but, apart from the acheiness (Any spelling rules for that one, DD?) strangely satisfying. I could be turning into a loose woman.
    Steven Wright
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Sticky if you don't clout some nails in soon I will email him the details :lol::lol:

I don't mind storms but i love the sun..... I was born in may and here we get both raging storms and sometimes, if lucky some sun......Maybe it is linked to the months eh? xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hey Sticky - I love the wind too! I love to lie in bed and hear it howling round the walls and down the chimney.

Cris is a really hard taskmaster eh? :lol: Reckon we might have to rig you up to a kitesurfer just so you can escape from that roof!
    :lol:
    Love Tilly xxx