HELLO AND ENBREL HELP

Options
dee2010
dee2010 Member Posts: 41
edited 28. May 2011, 20:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello how is everyone, sorry not been on for a while but been so busy and not been well.

just a question for all you embral or anti-tnf users, i take my embral on tuesdays and i feel quite well wednesday-friday then sat i start to feel worse and sunday-tuesday i am in so much pain and can't hardly do anything. is this usual?
this as happened for 3 wks in a row and this is my 5th injection 2morrow.

i hate this mare than before when i had extremely painfull day's because i can know how to deal with everyday and what i can do. now when i'm having good days with not a lot of pain during the day i want to do everything and when i get to the bad day's i can't do anything and it depresses me.

i know its good to have this mediation and i am lucky to get good day's cause some of you don't so sorry to rant.

on a good note i have now been sent to see someone regarding my knee's.
RA since feb 2010

methotrexate, plaquenil, prednisolone, diclafeac, tramadol, co-codamol, enbrel

**Davina**

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 25. May 2011, 10:46
    Options
    I have humira fortnightly. I took it this past Monday. Today, tomorrow, Friday and hopefully for the entire week-end I will reach the dizzying heights of moderately grotty. I will then have about five days of grotty followed by severely grotty until the next jab, then the whole ghastly cycle repeats. It has been thus for two years.

When I was on the enbrel (twice-weekly injections) I stayed at grotty the entire time so I guess this is an improvement. Thousands of pounds per year for six days of moderately grotty. Fab. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Dee

I am so sorry you are struggling and I know how difficult the "roller-coaster ride" can be. I've not had Enbrel so can't help with your specific questions but I think I'm right in saying that it can take a while to get into your system properly. I really hope that you soon get more of the good days Dee.

Thinking of you.

Love Tilly xxx
  • debsmartin
    debsmartin Member Posts: 209
    Options
    Hi

I've been on enbrel for nearly 6 months now and for the first 6 weeks I was unsure too as to whether it was working as good as the leflunomide that I was on before, but by 3 months I was doing really well, my doc was so pleased that he reduced my methotrexate down to 15mg from 20 so I was dead chuffed. Hopefully it will work as well for you as I now have more good days than bad.

Debs
  • chrissycl
    chrissycl Member Posts: 27
    Options
    seems to work for me for 6 days I inject on fridays and by the following thursday I can't wait for the friday