This will make interesting reading!

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/226128.php
315yexv.jpg

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Let's get the anti TNFs working properly first for more than just a select few. I can see the reasoning behind this but I think they don't know anwhere near enough about the drugs they are currently using or their long-term effects. The biggest problem we all face is that we all react so differently to meds: one man's poison is another's gift-wrapped cure. Is there any way to sort that? Probably not. Thanks Keith, it was an interesting read but it will take years and years to happen. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Interesting stuff Keith, thanks for flagging this.

It seems that, quite often, the arthritis drugs are "discovered" by accident having first been used for other diseases and, when they work, often no-one knows quite how or why. So researching further into this side of things might make more targeted treatments possible in the future and help docs to have a better understanding of which drugs might (or might not work) for which people.

Tilly xxx
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Hi Keith,
    Thanks for the link, I hope that you are still feeling the benefits of the sulf and are feeling ok? Re the anti TNF, DD is right in saying what works for one doesn't work for another, I'm a classic example of that, as 2 injections into Humira I ended up being a guest of Hillingdon Hospital for a week...it's not put me off trying something else though and once my lung has recovered I'm going to try eternacept.
    These are very powerful drugs, and they DO work for a lot of people, sadly though, not for all. Its a case of finding the right one for you.
    Thank goodness we do have arthritis research studies, and people actively trying to find if not a cure then atleast a way alleviating the symptoms of this foul disease.
    Thanks again for the link Keith and imhope that you stay painfree as possible :smile: x
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X