grrrrrrr /mike R

Options
mike77
mike77 Member Posts: 879
edited 27. May 2011, 16:55 in Community Chit-chat archive
:evil :evil :evil :evil :evil rsa are saying that as I was on my own driveway when the crash happened then as you were sitting alone and not with an instructor you are not covered, rang them to say that I was told it was ok to go up and down on my own driveway , he maybye but from an insurance point of view you must be accompanyed , so what he is saying ( drive up and down on your own , thats fine but get a dent we wont pay for it

so rang mobility they said we will work with you ( the staff there are very nice they calm you down ( checked my blood and it was going low ) no wonder with all the stress of today I asked what the final bill was £1087.48 god nearely passed out I thought she said £1,874.48 told her and the lady said sorry and told me the right way so as I had paid the excess £100.00 it should now be £987.48 can't wait to hand the car back now .

Mike R * hazel* Mike JR
what next :?: :?: :?: :?:
Maybe I might win the lottery :grin::grin::grin:
Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Mike. I'm sorry to say this but I did say back then that this would be the case rkid. I knew he was wrong to tell you it was ok.
    I hope that they are willing to help you out seeing as you had been given bad info..

Off for some tea, will check back later on..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mike77
    Options
    it looks like tony you were right , I will just have move on no use crying over spilled milk , and lets hope I will pass this theroy and sit the driving test soon. , I cant understand why that guy did not know the rules regarding learner drivers not beeing covered for a crash in there own driveway , the guy on the phone told me drive as many times as youy wish up and down your driveway but watch you dont crash for we dont pay out for a claim if you do.

tony my instructor said his insurance covers him for driving my car , rsa said he must be a named driver but the instructor said that is rubbish, who is telling me the truth?????????

Mike R & Hazel Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Hi Mike.. My understanding is that nobody elses insurance can cover them to drive a motabilty vehicle.... Such as business type insurances, my Uncle is insured to drive any vehicle on his policy but even that wouldn't cover him to drive mine.. A driving school is just another business & as such I don't believe him to be right Mike.
    I may be wrong but I'm quite sure about it Rkid.

An expensive lesson to learn me thinks? I hope that you can get an understanding claims dealer, they may come to some agreement with you about the amount due but I suppose that would be at their discretion.

Best wishes, keep us up to date.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Options
    B....dy Hell Mike,
    This is a bit of a mess, you might even be better off going to your local Citizens Advice. I seem to remember that when you get the car, you have to state 2 drivers, yourself, and one other.
    Funny enough, I've just bumped my bumper ( reversed into a post ), I think it's a £150 claim, so I'll pay about half.
    Yours looks like a legal minefield, but you know what Insurance Company's are like, they will fight it like hell, good luck with it anyway
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Hi Alan.. Not sure about learners, they probably do have to provide a second driver if they intend being the first, which is obviously the case for Mike.., but I know that under normal circumstances you don't have to provide two drivers. Or is that not what you meant Rkid..? I get confused you know, lol.. I blame the drugs :???: :???: :lol:

Hope you are doing ok, you too Mike.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    tjt
    Yeh, bit of a grey area, I've got to admit, I presume your driveway is part of the road as far as they are concerned. If your car is stolen from your driveway, they will payout. I'm sure through all the smallprint, the answer is there in black and white, there have to be cases like this over the years as a guideline .
    I'd still try to argue the toss though, Insurance people eh.
  • tjt6768
    Options
    it's about as grey as Philip Schofield's barnet, and that's soooooo grey it's gone white, lol...

Thing is, your driveway is also classed as private land, that's why you can have a S.O.R.N vehicle on the drive and there not on the public highway, its about as clear as my vision right now... Not very, lol, I'm rather drowsy and tired.. Haha
    Good luck with it anyway Rkid, let us know how you go on.

Better try sleep, no point fighting there fentanyl patch.. :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    tjt6768
    HaHa, like it, good point/ well made about S.O.R.N though. If they are going on that criteria, Mike could do worse than contest it.
  • tjt6768
    Options
    yep. These insurers always want it both ways though, owt to get out of paying. I hate insurance companies full stop.. Legal roberry basically.

Must go, tired, must not start ranting about ins companies :lol:
    Goodnight matey
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mike77
    Options
    Tony have a goodnights sleep, dont worry about thease insurance companies, I am putting this a side and just concertrate on my driving lessons , as the instructor has told me I can handle the car great now , just need a few more lessons and he says I am ready for the test when I pass this theroy.

Mike R * Hazel *mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    what about your house insurance?.
  • tjt6768
    Options
    House, car, pet, famous peoples legs... Doesn't matter what it's for, chances are the company will be scamming you one way or another... Hate em :evil
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    RSA have given us bad advice on the phone before now. They told my OH anyone with cover could drive my mobility car but I knew this was wrong, double checked and got told it wasn't alright after all.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Also you can have upto 2 named drivers on your mobility insurance, maybe yourself and a partner/friend/ relative etc. I only have the 1 named driver on my current car.
    I think Mikes problem is he hasn't passed his test and was not covered as he was not accompanied.
    Very good point about the instructor being covered. Mike you had best sort that one out quick! He can be added as the 2nd driver asap.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tjt6768
    Options
    That's right hun.. I've no idea why the instructor would even think he's insured.. Should've known..
    Also, the two named drivers you mentioned are the two that you can have free, you can add additional ones but at a cost, don't know what kind of cost like...

e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP