Advice Needed

Options
Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 27. May 2011, 14:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All
my Daughter needs an op on her knee due an injury last year when she ruptured the ACL ligament after a long wait physio and hospital visits she has now been offered an op to repair/reconstruct the ACL ligament has anyone had anything like this done. any info would be appreciated. :smile:
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Carol,

I am sorry your daughter has this to go through. I know ligaments can be a long journey back to being right but having it done by op might actually make it quicker.

I haven't had That but long ago when still young I had a very bad break to the femur and ankle and it was in cast and rods for months as it didn't heal very well. I as vain and didn't want the plate scare.... silly really but I was young.

By the time it came out of its casts etc the ligaments were so weak and they took a long time and a lot of exercises to come back on line properly but thats my only experience of ligaments I am afraid.

Hope someone can help ad really sending good lucks to your daughter. Cris x
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Carol

This isn't something I have any experience of but hopefully there will be someone along soon who does.

Wishing your daughter well - hope the op is a success.

Love Tilly xxx
  • Turbogran
    Options
    Thanks Tilly and Chris She has been looking it up on the internet and has a little more info on it. she is now just playing the waiting game for an appt.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, I've no experince of that either, but I hope all goes well for her, it is fantastic the things that can be done these days and your daughter, being young and healthy is going to make a good recovery, I'm sure. Best wishes, Suexx
  • Turbogran
    Options
    Thanks Sue
    yes She's 37 and says that herself just hope she still feels the same when the time comes. :smile:
    Stay positive always👍xx