co codamol

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 26. May 2011, 16:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi does any one have problems with there concentration when taking this, find can not use it before work as have to use card machine and made a couple of big mistakes when have used co codamol before work. it as though i not all there can not discribe it would hate to drive (can not so no chance) under the influence of this pain med. does help me to sleep so keep it for night now if realy bad will have to skip work what about the rest of you ????
val

Comments

• Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Val,
    I'm not on cocodamol im on tramadol and co dydramol, if I need it and can honestly say if I make sure I take it after food im ok. It did take a while for me to get used to it but I'm doing a bit of part time voluntary work using a pc and my concentration is fine.
    Can you go back to the GP and ask him if there is something else you could try? It's trial and error with these meds isn't it?!.
    Hope you are ok and the meds work out for you, love and hugs x
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • valval
    Options
    thanks if get bad will do can manage with out during the day at moment thanks 4 reply val
    val
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    I must admit that I take co-codomol with ibuperfen and they do send me into my own little world. I am lucky that I dont work so It's ok for me.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I think I am right in saying that cocos are part-morphine (the codeine part) and yes, that can send one into a pearly-pink la-la land. I don't think it does too much that way for me but I have found over the years that my concentration levels have dropped, I tend to have a real butterfly mind now. Is that the pain, my age, the meds, or a wonderful combination of all three? Where was I?
    Right.

I think I am right in saying that cocos are part . . . hang on, done this already. :smile:

Perhaps you could take summat else valval, what strength cocos are you on? I started on the 8/500, now it's the 30/500. I do not take the 50mg tramadol during the day becuase I fall asleep, the 100mg slow-release don't affect me that way but they are very effective pain relief, so I save those for the rough times. Perhaps your GP can think of an alternative for you. Making errors at work is never good for one's morale and concentration is essential when dealing with money (in whatever form it is presented). Take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lorica
    lorica Member Posts: 187
    Options
    Hi,

I too am on co-codamol 30/500, I often loose concentration, and have a memory like ........ forgot what they are called... :shock: those things with holes in for draining pasta... I also thought it was a mix of my medication smorgasborg. Thankfully at the moment I dont work at the moment either. When I was working I would often make mistakes with the cash till, and my manager would go mental with me over it. :???:

Mark
  • Pherstun
    Pherstun Member Posts: 96
    Options
    Co-codamol makes me slightly 'high' and squiffy generally. I'm on 15/500 and take two at a time. I think some of it too is the lack of pain that puts us in a happy place!

It seems it's a well known side effect, I work with an ex nurse and when I say I've had co-cod she smiles and knows exactly how I feel!
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    i have them for the real bad times but tend to stick to the parecetamol as cocos give me a migrain type head , so its a case of kill one thing get another , i dont function with a brass band and a bucket for company x
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • valval
    Options
    thanks they the lowest ones goodness knows what would be like if on higher ones when on the feel like should be a blond thought it was pain till stopped them so not it paracetomal or ibuprophen for work and cods when get home only take them for 2 days or do get awfull headaches find one dose a day ok and does not cause them do not need anything else hurting that for sure
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Speaking as a blonde - nice one, valval! Oh that made me laugh - as if you brunettes are all sensible and level-headed! :smile: You do post some classy replies - I rate that as a very good 'un!

berty? What a wonderful description - 'I don't function with a brass band and a bucket for company.' I guess that sums up the experience of a fair few on here. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    Options
    must admit more grey than brown these days do not dye it quite like the grey have earnt each and everyone of them lol
    val