How many times did you take your Driving Test

Options
alanthemanc
alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
edited 27. May 2011, 12:42 in Community Chit-chat archive
I am not ashamed to say I failed first time, I was a bit nervous, but thought I drove well.
Second time I passed, but felt I didn't drive quite as well, mmm a bit mysterious, must be the individual examiners fried egg morning butty playing up a bit first time.
How many times did you take it, and were you nervous, ( even Jenson Button was nervous on his driving test, so don't fib ) Alanthemanc

Comments

• prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Fortunately passed first time.Traffic was so horrendous returning to the Test Centre that my examiner got out and walked back otherwise he would have been late for his next candidate (he couldn't have done this if I had failed).
    Needless to say my driving instructor,who was waiting for me outside the Test Centre,didn't have to ask me if I had passed when he saw me driving back on my own................ :grin:
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    can not drive so have never taken one val
    val
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Options
    I was a bit mean on my driving instructor, I hid my pass paper behind my back, and had a sick look on my face. He said " how the hell have you messed this up for the second time ", and I pulled the paper from behind my back, so he hit me
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    I was a nervous wreck on every lesson, but then strangely very calm when I took my test. I passed first time, but I'd had lots of lessons beforehand.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Because of silly mistakes on my first two attempts I passed third time...
    I thought I'd failed then too, I was fairly relaxed though as I assumed I'd failed, I stalled it at one point, but obviously they can't fail you for that as long as you restart safely etc.
    :roll: :lol::lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    None.....Don't drive :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • tjt6768
    Options
    My first failure was for clipping the kirb reversing round the corner, I touched it lightly but he said there and then I'd failed, automatic failure for that he said.. :roll:

e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Passed first time. I never once felt nervous, I had just six lessons, it was a breeze. I love driving, absolutely love it. I can teach people to read and write (and indeed I do) but I could never, ever teach someone to drive. I would not have the patience. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I passed first time but I was a bag of nerves at the start, even forgot to put on my seatbelt until reminded. In order to salvage some pride I told myself to pull myself together and then did brilliantly as I was so angry with myself.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    I was lucky enough to pass first time.
    I wasnt nervous as my instructor told me use it as a
    guideline, you may not pass first time.

The examiner however, was well lets just say - very very friendly.

Mind you its about 39 yrs ago, I was only 28 and it was the
    era of the mini skirt, so plenty of leg showing I guess. :oops:

I always liked driving but didnt drive for 3 yrs when RA diagnosed,
    in 1998, too poorly, and just lately havent driven for around 6 months
    as knees are too bad at the mo.

Kath
  • cat75
    cat75 Member Posts: 29
    Options
    I passed the second time, the first examiner was awful, it was the last test of the year and I felt that he just didn't want mee to pass, but second examiner was so so different he chatted away the whole time and made me feel relaxed. Went and bought my first car the next week a citroen ax J reg.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Got mine the first time,Jesus what a day it was Friday and regata weekend in Henley I still don't know how I managed it as also had the instructor who was known to be a right bugger, I still remember being told "you don't want Jesop he's a nasty bugger" so my heart jumped out my mouth when I was told he was the guy who would be testing me.
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Miniskirts... Helping wimmin get away with murder since the sixties :shock: :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: :eek: :lol:
    :wink::lol:

kathbee wrote:

Kath
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    I passed on my second, the first one I was to nervous and left it for a number of years then passed next time. Now I haven't driven in 19 years, but I would like to get back to it.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    I passed my driving test on the first attemp in 1985 in Worksop. The entire test was through an housing estate littered with pre-school children and dogs on the streets. I had a lady examiner who was friendly and chatty I couldnt believe it when she told me I had passed!
    Cath
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    kathbee wrote:

Kath

Do you think he was hoping for a hug at the end Kath?

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I Had many lessons but on one lesson I was involved in a RTA with a tesco articulated Lorry! I was coming down highway and was slowing for the roundabout, the thing is as you come down the highway the highway goes up alittle and down to the roundabout so you only see the roundabout as you come up the little brow, and the lorry was coming at some speed and didn't see the roundabout until it was to late and he was braking and hit our car at 20mph and pushed the car into the roundabout. The police said if it had been at rush hour I would have been dead. The car was a write-off and the instructed was badly hurt, I was lucky I got away with whip-lash and bruising to the ribs. After the crash I went back to learning but was a nervous driver, and took 4 tests and failed them. It was when I started having sezuires I was told not to drive and so I what with everything that has happened I have said I will hang up my driving gloves! :lol: Amanda,(bubbadog).
  • tjt6768
    Options
    That's one less wumman driver on the roads :shock: :eek: :eek: :eek: :shock: Ooops, did that come out loud? :roll: :lol::lol::wink:

My theory is this... If after one year of passing your test you are still too scared to go down certain roads or motorways, give it up as a bad job.. There may come a time when you have to take that route and a terrified driver is never a safe driver..

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean go all guns blazing, boy racer idiotic style, but you should always be able to drive with a calm head.
    :grin::grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP