Anyone know how arthritis in the foot feels?

Options
angilee
angilee Member Posts: 102
edited 26. May 2011, 16:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all ok,I have managed to now get pain in my foot to go along with hips,knee and fingers....suppose I am just lucky eh!!!

Do any of you have experience of arthur in the foot....my pain tends to be along the outside edge of the foot radiating out under the arch,if I bend my foot over to the side the pain is awful......not sure if this is arthritis or an injury.

Anyone help?

Angilee

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    think it depends on they type of arther you have. i have inflimation and get hot joints in mine feels like walking on stones very hot ones hope it gets sorted soon val
    val
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Have OA and RA in the ankle.Get pain which goes from one side of the ankle joint across the top to the other side of the ankle joint.Either a burning sensation or jabbing pains,often both.
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Sharp, stabbing pains in the tendons, ankles full of ground glass, toes swollen and red. I have PA. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Feels like walking on a bed of super heated nails ; RA in mine . Jillyb
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    It feels like my bones are pushing through the bottom of my feet and scraping along the hard concrete. (I've been told the inflammation has worn away the fat pads which is part of why it hurts so much.) My toes feel like they burn. My foot and ankle pain is the worst thing about my RA.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,428
    Options
    I get a few diferent ones - achilles tendon ache in one foot and that one gets stabbing ones (referred froim my back l think) and then there is the other on which is like walking on small sharp stone just in me socks.

Do you have any insoles in your shoes?

Love

toni xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,934
    Options
    Hi Angilee.
    i have oa i have aching swelling and pain in my foot
    and my legs ache if i stand for to long.
    i have arther in my hips and back so i thought it would go to my feet.
    take care. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Pherstun
    Pherstun Member Posts: 96
    Options
    I have ankylosing spondylitis plus some inflammatory and some other undiagnosed arthritis. I've also got hypermobile joints and am very flat footed.

My big toes really ache after I've walked even for only a short period of time and I have to wear flat shoes. I've been told by a podiatrist that the joints inside my big toes, from where the big toe hinges to my ankle, is very stiff, so they're moving more than they should do.

My right ankle permanently hurts with stabbing pain in the inside of the joint, I struggle not to walk 'wonky' on it because although that relieves some of the pain I know it's not good for the rest of me. I also get pain across the entire top of my foot, mainly on my right but it's getting worse on the left, fortunately doesn't hurt on a daily basis. I can't stand up for long and if I'm going any distance/time I have very rugged walking boots.

I have NHS made orthotics and use top quality insoles. I have found that wearing toe socks help to some degree, I think because the toes don't slide around in the sock as much.

I strap both feet with cohesive support bandage, a type of bandage that sticks to itself instead of needing a pin or tape to hold it and is thinner than normal bandage. It's not very tight but it's enough to stop my feet flexing, so they don't hurt as much. You can get it from Boots and some bargain stores. I often wear a neoprene wrap on my right foot and ankle.

I also have bunions on the outside (by the little toe) on each foot, I put padding on the bandage to stop this rubbing on my shoes.

Hope this helps some!

Debbie
  • sugarbuttie
    sugarbuttie Member Posts: 225
    Options
    Mine feels like the way Starburst describes - like bone is touching the floor - no padding on feet. Feels like toothache but in my heels. I have just sat down after a long day & they are hurting so much I could cry. Have taken some strong co-codamol & am waiting for the pain to ease. It is truly horrible & I don't know what to do.....
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    never walk in bare feet these days unless it on sand as to painfull val
    val
  • caprica
    caprica Member Posts: 195
    Options
    Yeah my RA is in my hands and feet. My toes sometimes feel tingly and like...larger and uncomfortable. I guess cos of the internal swelling even though I usually can't see any swelling. And I also get a sort of bruised feeling in the ball of my foot some days. And sometimes I feel like a have a tiny stone in my shoe near the ball of my foot..but I don't..it's just the damn arthritis!
    Endless fun..