Feedback on Naproxen please

Options
angilee
angilee Member Posts: 102
edited 26. May 2011, 10:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi again,

Sorry to come and ask another question.....I am now at the point where pain is so bad I need to have pain meds.

Could any of you wise and wonderful folk pass me any feedback on naproxen,,,,they have been prescribed by my dr along with stomach protection pills.....have not started them just yet but would like to hear of your experiences with these meds.

Thank you
Angilee

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    got on really well make sure you eat decent meal before taking had to stop afer over a year as started with mouth ulsers give it a go val
    val
  • cpontefract
    cpontefract Member Posts: 73
    Options
    I've been put on them for just over 2 weeks now, after my ibuprofen stopped working, and its really playing up my IBS and not really helping the pain

However my OH takes it for a current pain that he has, and its works fine for him

But good luck, and if they dont work go back to the GP xx
    Claire
    Keep Smiling :D
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Hi Angilee
    i have been on naproxyn for a long time now and Iv'e not had any problems and they have worked reasonably well for me.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    They gave me beautiful oral thrush but have never anything for pain or reducing inflammation. I took them with omeprazole as the protector. I stopped taking them as the humira had reduced my inflammatory markers to ridiculously low levels (which is where they remain) but having now discovered that my knees are wrecked with OA (not PA damage as I thought) I have to restart them. I am getting them later today and I am not looking forward to it. If they don't help you betcha I'm stopping them again and may try something else. The one anti-inflammatory that did help me is now on the banned list at my GPs due to cost. I think you get what you pay for, but what do I know? I am only the poor sap that swallows the stuff. :smile:

We are all different in how we react. I hope they do the trick for you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    They worked OK for me for a fairly long time but it was before they realised you needed to protect your stomach with them so I had to come off in the end due to stomach problems. Always, always, always take them with food. Hope they work.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • debsmartin
    debsmartin Member Posts: 209
    Options
    Hi Angilee
    I've also got on very well with Naproxen, as previous post I always take after food and I also use a stomach protector.
    Works alot better for me than the diclofenic that I was on

Debs
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    I have taken naproxen and really got on with it. I can't take nsaids anymore due to kidney problems. I found naproxen to be very beneficial. The only thing I would say is that it increases sun sensitivity, so be careful.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,933
    Options
    Hi Angilee.
    i used to have naproxen i had it for a few years and then it stopped working now i'm on diclofenic i also take a tummy protector.
    good luck joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi, I was on them years ago ....the same as sticky....nos stomach protection.
    Now I'm on diclofenic and omeprazole

Love
    Hileena