The Weather

Options
cpontefract
cpontefract Member Posts: 73
edited 28. May 2011, 14:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
Do you think the weather affects us from day to day?

When we had that glorious sunshine back in April, I had some really good days (as much as I can remember). But now, its raining and windy and cold, and I'm aching all over.

Im scared to go out in case I slip (which I did at the doctors this morning), and just general feel really pants today!!

If i had the strength I would get up off the sofa, to return with a hot water bottle, but I just dont wanna move.

What you think?? DOes the weather affect you???
Claire
Keep Smiling :D

Comments

• rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Claire

I am with you on how much the weather affects me. Like you said in April when the weather was lovely and sunny I felt like I didnt have a problem at all. At times I forgot that I was suffering at all and felt like a fraud. Now that the weather has turned everything hurts and I havent even got out of bed today due to the fact that I was feeling really rough. Hubby has been looking after me. Maybe a Hot water bottle would be a good idea.

Hope you start feeling better soon
    Jakib0644.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Low pressure weather affects my moods, not my arthritis. With an immune-system based one I have never found the cold etc any trouble, now with the OA too I find the same. It's chucking it down here, but my knees are not hurting any more than usual.

We are all different in what helps and what doesn't, that is a huge part of the problem. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Sometimes the cold and always the damp and wet weather affect me

I've got oA

Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,428
    Options
    Hi

I think the wather dOES have an effect...how your spirits are lifted by a bright sunny day :smile:

When the days are long and dark...can be very depressing for me.

Dont let the weather stop you getting out though....just take extra care

Love

toni xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    When things are good the weather doesn't make much difference to me but when I'm going through a bad patch wet/damp weather makes it worse, as does very hot weather but cold makes no difference at all.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    I find that damp weather, I am really bad. Good weather Sometimes I am OK, but not all the time. I have OA

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Yes the weather definately effects me! When it's warm or hot my ankles and feet swell up and to try and walk when they are swollen it's so painful. And when it's cold and wet like at the moment I ache all over and my main problem area's become painful. And I feel lethargic and generally pants! So you could say I'm in a loose/loose situation! :lol: I spent the late morning and afternoon in bed yesterday and I'm seriously thinking of heading back there when I have finished looking through the forum. So the answer is yes the weather does effect me!
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    I have RA and although cold damp weather is neither here nor (maybe a bit worse)there I do find my joints are much better when Im away in Tenerife and I did speak to a few people who moved out there who also found it helped there RA. Its a very dry heat out there my GP swears |I need to move over there to alleviaite my symptoms. It could be the extra sun makes me feel better but I do know that a hot bath also alleviates my pain albeit a short period. Dont get me wrong my mobility is still poor out there (and I still cant wear my heels) but the pain is much more manageable.
    I think its a personal thing as to what bothers and helps people.
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • gazza67
    gazza67 Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Yes definitely just returned from menorca yesterday virtually a fortnight painfree walked,swam every day in 80 degree heat.Today back in blighty woke up too familiar aches and throbs in hands ,feet etc.Lottery win tonight and iam away from this island for good.
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    Options
    yes definalty when its wet and cold, expecailly the cold, i found thermal trousers really help.
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • GollyStephens
    GollyStephens Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Good Evening Claire and Everyone,

It is damp weather that gets me and the very cold, this last winter was very bad, so bad I became unfit for work – still my boss had me out gritting, I think it was that finished me off.

Here in the Northwest Territories we get nothing but rain a few sunny days from time to time, I think this is why all the cotton mills were here.

I also have a bad time if I have been out of me bike and not wrapped up well.

I think I would like to spend the summer down south and see I could then compare.

Regards Golly :smile: