shareing

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 27. May 2011, 17:01 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi as a lot of you know dad just had quadruple by pass (4 weeks ago). auntie from dorset due in hospital soon for knee replacement (had one done already) she lives on her own as lost uncle last year. well uncle went down from london to take her accross to bristol for pre op and she had stroke while there. is that lucky? yes if had happened while on her own would have been hours before anyone found her. but sad as mum does not feel she can go down with dad bad (did tell her would go stop with him if she wanted to go) at least there was no delay in treatment and she gets 2 week hol in brisol not what she had in mind but with luck she will recover totally and get her op val
val

Comments

• constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Val, Your family are going through it at the moment. Good that you dad has well recovered from his major op and now your aunite. I am sending you all loads of hugs to spread around and my thoughts will be with all your family.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • valval
    Options
    bless you thanks they work wonders just wonder what next it mum i worry about she hates being so far from her sister
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    As it turned out she was in the right place at the right time - cold comfort I know, but that is all I can offer. My MIL had a stroke a few years ago and, thanks to rapid medical intervention, she made a full recovery.

I hope auntie is OK, I can understand your mum being concerned but surely your dad has to come first. It's not an easy choice for your mum. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    Options
    yes that what mum says at least auntie in best place and they got treatment 4 her straight away so that should help things she is in her 80s so that does not help
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Yup, so was MIL. She does have good health, in fact, when admitted, they couldn't find her notes as all they had on her was the birth of her first son in June 1956. (Ipswich still has paper notes, her file was somewhat thin! Mr DD was born at home in 1958.) If your auntie is generally OK (apart from the arthritis) then, hopefully, she will recover well. But, as we know, we are all different. My fingers are crossed. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Val, I do hope that your auntie will make a good recovery. It must be such a worry for you all, especially for your Mum, on top of everything else. I hope that your Dad is progressing well after his operation.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Thinking of you and your family Val, hugs ((()))
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Oh dear Val what a lot of worry.Is it your Mums Sister? As your Dad is on the mend it might be nice for her to be with Your Aunty. She must feel torn at the moment.
    I do hope your Aunty makes a good recovery and rapid intervention is the best for a stroke so sort of lucky(if you can call having a stroke lucky)!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • valval
    Options
    auntie doing ok mum fell over in town today so got a bruised hand lucky that all she did think it was all the worry at the moment going to take her to sheffield tomorrow try to take her mind off things for a bit val
    val