Been to hospital today

Options
80squeen
80squeen Member Posts: 69
edited 27. May 2011, 11:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
I've been to the hospital today about my hip. He didn't feel the MRI scan gave him enough information so now I have to have a CT scan done. He thinks there may be a cartledge tear but as well when he tried to bend my knee up it would only go so far and then suddenly went with the most horrendous clunk that shocked both him and me I think! He's now querying whether the joint is mis shapen where it sits in the socket, and whether that is causing it to catch - this may have also caused the tear. He thinks surgery may well be likely but says he can do it via keyhole. He won't decide for sure though til he's got the scan results. I'm happy it was productive (flippin' hurting now though!!!) :shock:
Josie

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Josie
    You are right....it was productive even if it was sore.......sounds like you are getting somewhere...someones questioning it at least.
    Let us know what happens

Love
    HILEENA
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    That's good that you had a good appointment, you know more of where you are now. Sorry that it is now painful. But you know what they say, no pain no gain.

Keep us informed wont you

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Sometimes progress hurts, but hopefully the scan will tell him all he needs to know. Get the pain dullers on board and I hope they help enough. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Josie, Sounds like you had positive news even if it came with pain! As they say no pain no gain! :lol: But that does sound good news and the fact they can do it keyhole as well! So it all decides on the C.T scan. You will have to let us know when the date is for that so we can do pocket duties for you! Amanda, (bubbadog). :smile: xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    I'm glad you had a good visit. At least the clunk happend when the doctor was their, painful but at least they know the problem! Hope the scan appointment comes quickly. Love Sue