Things looking up

Options
PamieAFC1903
PamieAFC1903 Member Posts: 899
edited 27. May 2011, 17:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
Things are starting to look up, my physio reckons if I start to exercise reglar I will not develop full blown osterarthritis in my knees, so that is what I am doing. Also decided im gona get back into football if all goes well.

Already been in touch with a club in Aberdeen :)
I ♥ Runrig.

I live, sleep, eat and breathe Runrig!!!!!.

Comments

• NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    FANTASTIC NEWS. So what exercise are you going to do?
    Nxx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I'm not sure about football that's hell on knees I thought just look at how many of them have knee OP's?, how about mountain biking that's good for your knees.
  • christinac47
    christinac47 Member Posts: 102
    Options
    i have this on my spine how bad can this get i have to see a docter in the end of june needing sonme adivce on this
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Christina if you post over on Living With Arthritis you will get a better response. There are a few people with OA in the spine that can give you advice.

Welcome to the forum,

Pamie, I hope they gave you an idea of what exercises to do. Football can be a bit much but if you enjoy playing then a least it won't feel too much of an effort. Cycling is a good one as Mell says.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • PamieAFC1903
    Options
    Well, with the amount of painkillers I am taking a day to keep the pain away I should be ok, like the doc n physio said I just have to take one step at a time.

Gona be doing some pilates, aerobics and maybe a little gym work to strengthen my knees up.

I am still aching a bit right now due to my fall but the aquaaerobics will help with that one lol.
    I ♥ Runrig.

• PamieAFC1903
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Dementia my beloved and I use to practise the lying down dancing exercise many years ago,, but it done my back in and her hips :shock:

I still do Tai Chi and that seems to work for me especially on balance, but my shoulder is still giving me grief, I think I will have to swop my drinking arm! :???:

Ohhh rehab, thats why I am going back to football, not only will it strengthen my knees n what not but the arthritis in my right shoulder is worse than my knees, can't do much wi it.... atleast when I get some exercise, my stomach toned and what not it will help alot of other stuff I have wrong with me as well.
    I ♥ Runrig.

• NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    I've been doing pilates and swimming for 2 years now, Pamie - brilliant for arthur... although if the pain's too bad I don't always fancy imersing myself in luke warm water... I always go though and feel better for it

Let us know how you get on. I'm a big advocate of "Use it or lose it" - a phrase Len uses often on his ladies :D Sorry Len, couldn't resist

Nxx
  • PamieAFC1903
    Options
    I sure will, you will probs see how I do on facebook :)
    I ♥ Runrig.