Poppy's elbow aspiration.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 30. May 2011, 04:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
At 2pm today Poppyg1rl will have the golf ball of fluid that is currently adorning her left (I think) elbow removed. Needless to say she is a little apprehensive about this, which I think is perfectly understandable.

Good luck, Poppy, I hope it all goes well and I am sure you will feel the benefit almost immediately. I guess you will have to rest that arm as much as you can, which being left-handed (I think you are, aren't you?) won't be easy. Take care, I will be thinking of you. DD

PS Please accept my apologies for being foggy on the finer details.
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• princess935
    princess935 Member Posts: 90
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    good luck, i too will be having my knees done at 2pm, so will be thinking of you x
  • jilly
    jilly Member Posts: 503
    Options
    Good Luck Poppy hope you are ok and not worrying to much , thinking of you all the best hope it goes well for you............jillyx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Poppy, all the very best for this afternoon.

Can my husband have the golf ball, please? He tends to lose a lot.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Will be thinking of you at 2 Poppy and also you too Princess ; hope all goes very well and you feel enormous benefit from it . Jillyb
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    hope all goes well Poppy and it makes a difference for you xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    Good luck poppy and princess xx hope you get the relief you need x
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I hope you are done Poppy and that it was OK. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    She has asked me to let you know that it is done, it wasn't pleasant (her elbow was much worse than her knee which was done earlier this week), the nurse was rough and unsympathetic, but she is home, dosed up with dullers and off to bed. DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Quite right too, Poppyg1rl. Unsympathetic nurses are the last thing you need in that situation.

Hope it helps once the soreness has worn off.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    sending {{{{{hugs}}}} poppy and princess hope both of you recocer soon
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Poppy and Princess

Glad it is all over for you both and now you are resting sending you both big but gentle hugs.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    So glad it's done Poppy but sorry it was so "orrible". Hope you start to feel the benefit soon.

Thinking of you.

Lots love Tilly xxx
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Poppy, glad the aspiration is done now. Hope you feel better soon. You have really been through the mill lately. Stupid nurse, last thing you needed.

(((hugs)))
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Thankyou lovely DD for starting this thread, you do look after me and I'm very grateful :grin:
    Well...I had the aspiration at my local surgery, I had the knee done there last Tuesday and saw Denise my lovely nurse no problems, but this time I had Fatima Whitbread and her javelin :lol: no sooner had she injected the local than she started to push the needle for aspiration in :shock: I said (quite calmly) please stop and wait for the local to work, to which I got a grumpy reply of "it shouldn't be hurting you" I replied 'you're not me and I'm telling you it's bloomin hurting so wait PLEASE) she then asked 'do you want someone else to do it?' I said 'yes please' :grin:
    I then had a lovely student nurse, she was nervous, apologised in advance if she hurt me but proceeded to it beautifully. I have a HUGE bruise where Fatima hurled the needle in initially, but hopefully long term it will be worth it.
    Well that's my rant over :lol: thankyou everyone that send advice and good wishes I'm so grateful my friends xxx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Hey Poppy, deep respect. Good on you for standing up to Nurse Fatima. It can't have been easy when she had a needle in you at the time. You probably also helped the young student to learn something valuable. I once had to talk a very nervous young student through taking 24 stitches out of my knee. She was a bit shaky at first but incredibly gentle and careful.

I hope you soon feel the benefit of today's trip.
    Steven Wright
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Poppy,

Glad you got a better deal that Fatima was giving you and hope so much it will now work and stay down for you. Leaving a cuppa and a ((((( ))))) love Cris xx
  • Poppyg1rl
    Options
    Hi Sticky and Cris,
    Thankyou for your support you lovely people :grin:
    Glad to say...so far so good, absolutely mahoosive bruise where the javelin was thrown in initially BUT the swelling has gone down and it feels souch better for the huge amount of fluid being drained off the elbow.
    Thanks everyone who posted encouragement and support, I'm very grateful :grin: xxx
    'grá agus solas'
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Poppy,

Glad its a so far so good..... hey massive bruises.... they hurt flower so be kind to them and your self for a couple of days.
    #
    leaving a ((((( ))))) and a full bucket of light vibes, easy to carry :wink: xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Good for you: local only works if it is given time - why don't these numpties realise that? Ah yes, 'cos they are the ones doing it, not having it done to them. Twerps. With my first three knee aspirations the local would only kick in after everything was done which basically made it redundant. Well done, Poppy, I am proud of you for standing up to her! DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Morning Poppy. How's the bruise coming along? Any pretty colours yet?

Hope the whole experience with Fatima is at least making you feel a bit better. Take care.
    Steven Wright
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning Poppy

Ouch...I can imagine that fatima nurse....I am so glad you spoke out and told her.
    Hope the bruise isn't too painful today and is now on the mend

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Just wondered how you were coming along today Poppy.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    oh dear Popster, this is yet another thread I'm only just catching up with. Not using the pc ad much at the minute as the touch screen on the phone is gentler on the hands but the downside is I keep missing threads as it can be slow..

I'm so glad that you stood up to the Whitbread... Good for you.. As has been said, it will have been a good experience for the young student & hopefully one she'll remember too.

Hoping that it's settling down now & you are managing to rest up..

Be well mi dear..
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Poppyg1rl
    Options
    Hi all,
    Sorry about getting back to you late, I've a wonderful deep purple bruise moving away from the injection site, but the Good news is the elbow is far less painful, still stiff but definitely an improvement. :grin:
    I guess I've learnt not to put up with some of the poor 'care' we are given, it's really not me :shock: I'm quiet and don't like making a fuss, but this nurse obviously had a bad day and was going to take it out on me.
    The student nurse was just as busy if not more so, yet was polite and caring, give me a student nurse anytime :grin:
    Take care hugs all x
    'grá agus solas'
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    don't apologise, lol...
    I'm glad to hear that it's easing a little, hopefully it will continue that way..
    As for the bruise, wear it with pride, it's not a procedure I've had done but it doesn't sound like the best way to spend your time.. So you've done well to get it over & done with hun..

You look after yourself eh?

Says me, who for the last few hrs has been in so much pain with his hands that he couldn't hold a conversation, yet has still been posting.. Lol
    I never learn :roll: :lol::lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP