esa??

Options
margareth64
margareth64 Member Posts: 148
edited 27. May 2011, 10:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone, ive been told by someone in my work that my SSP is due to end soon. I went online to find out about ESA and it says that if your husband/partner works more than 24 hours you cant get this is this true?? My husband works a 40 hr week so that means ill get nothing? Its not going to be easy just living on his wage i dont know what we are going to do.
Margaret

Comments

• cpontefract
    cpontefract Member Posts: 73
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hey Im not 100% how it works, but my husband works 25+ a week and I was getting it, until they stopped it lol long story

Its worth applying to see if you can xx
    Claire
    Keep Smiling :D
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I don't know: there must be information about this on-line somewhere on a goverment website. If not perhaps the CAB could advise - do you have those where you are? Something is saying 'Ireland' in my brain - is that where you live? Anyhoo, I hope you can find out about this. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • margareth64
    margareth64 Member Posts: 148
    Options
    Yes DD im in Northern Ireland we have CAB here but the local one is useless its only one one day a week and theres a waiting list for app.!!! So going to have to go to the next nearest or phone them there in belfast 20 miles from here I dont drive so need to get bus or train up to it!! Whys nothing easy for me??? :lol:
    Margaret
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I have ESA and I am entitled to it because I worked enough hours to pay national insurance, so I could claim after my sick pay ran out. My husband works full time and they don't ask about that, or savings if you have paid enough national insurance over the years. You can also claim if you haven't paid National Insurance, but that is worked out on your income and savings and I don't know how much you need to have comming in or in savings before its too much to claim. Sorry, its all so complicated and I have only really looked at the bits that are relivent to me! :oops:
    Social Services might know or be able to point you to the department that deals with claims. Good luck! Love Sue