Update

Options
Florence500
Florence500 Member Posts: 46
edited 29. May 2011, 06:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just thought I would update you all on how I am getting on.

For those that don't know, I am 39 and was diagnosed with RA in March this year after 6mths of investigation and several years of suffering.

I have been on Methotrexate + pain killers etc since March and have not suffered with many side effects other than mild nausea and chronic tiredness.

The tiredness was really getting me down and the Dr decided to give me a break from the Meth to establish that was the cause and there was nothing underlying........ I was off the pills for 10 days and my pain increased almost immediately and it ended up being one of the most miserable weeks so far, so I am now back on the Meth and feel much better, I will swap the pain for tiredness any day and on a positive note I now realise that the Meth is working for me.

I have now got an appointment to start attending RA physiotherapy in July eeek! Hope they are not too brutal lol
187552_622678175_7857000_n.jpg

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am pleased to hear that the meth is benefitting you and your joints, OK the tiredness may be a problem but if it is slowing the joint damage then it is worthwhile. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 28. May 2011, 05:37
    Options
    Hi Florence,

Good to hear from you again. Glad the mtx is working for you...it gave me hope it might work for me so thank you.

I know what you mean by the tiredness though... its a problem sometimes eh? The mtx hasn't done much for the bones but it has fine tuned my ability to audition for the part of the dormouse :wink:

Don't leave it so long to post cus I was wondering how you were. Cris x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi thanks for update it always good to know how meds working for people sorry about tiredness but as you say much better than the pain val
    val
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Hello

I guess it helps us cope with all this illness tat when we get answers ie identify what meds are working and what meds are not so although you have this chronic tiredness you have identified the meth for pain relieving.

Have a good weekend.
    Carol
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Florence,
    Nice to see you back and that the mtx is working for you. Long may it continue. Yes the tiredness is a problem but as you say now you know that it is working for you.
    Let us know how things go with the physio.
    Lv, I x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Hi Florence - good to hear from you and hope the MTX works for you for a long time to come.

Sometimes you DO need to come off a mediaction to establish it though don't you?!

You take care and don't be a stranger!

Love

toni xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi florence

nice to hear that you are doing well on mtx and I hope it continues to work for a long long time.

Take care
    juliepf x