A full week

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 27. May 2011, 17:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
Oh, what a week! Firstly, on Sunday morning I filled the bath and put one foot in, only to feel the water was scolding hot; I'd not put the cold tap on. Luckily, only my toes and the side of my foot touched the water and I fell back away from the hot bath! There is only a small space between the bath and wall, so I fell against the wall and linin basket not right to the floor. and was able to put the cold tap on and sat on the side of the bath for a few minuets, shouting for my husband. He came through and helped me to stand and walk accross the corridor to the bed. The pain was nasty but the shock was worse. Anyway, I didn't go to A&E as it got a lot easier, but had to stay in for a few days as I could bare nothing to touch my feet. :sad:
Next is good as the hospital phoned on Monday and offerred me a cancellation MRI on my neck on Sunday at 4.30 in the afternoon! I'll be glad to get that over with, but don't suppose they'll find much. I'm fairly OK with the machine, but don't like the noise.
I've spent a couple of weeks filling in my ESA reassessment form, what a long form that is and all those questions. My doctor has given me all the reports from the hospital for the past year and written a letter, it was good, but she called my Sheila, so I had to take it back to get the name changed!
Sorry to rant on so but the form was so long and my writting is so bad, as my right hand isn't too good at feeling the pen!
Thats it I think! Love Sue

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Woodbon, the week's almost over. I suggest you go back to bed until it is. Mind you, the early MRI was good news, wasn't it? I expect you needed that after your experience in the bath. How awful!

I've just got an appointment to see an ENT man who's name is totally devoid of vowels. Hope I don't have to attempt a pronunciation.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Putting you foot in boiling water, I can only imagine the pain you must have felt. Thank goodness nothing else went in. But your MRI scan, thes good news. I am like you at the moment, forgetting even the most simplist of moves just goes from my head.

The other day I stood at the bottom of the stairs getting very upset that I couldn't move to the next stair with my stick. I was getting so worried until my eldest said Mum , it's the good foot first going up, not the bad one, I felt a right plonker I can tell you.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    I was lucky, but also silly not to test it first! We have a mixer tap on the bath and you can't see if both taps are on or not. Still I am glad to get the MRI appointment. :wink: But the ESA form is just so long and asking you for the reasons that you can't do something takes time and thought. Some of the questions seem to repeat themselves. Oh well, I think its all done now, but I won't read until tomorrow as I can't face it tonight! :roll: Love Sue
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Sue (or should I be calling you Sheila :roll: - honestly, you do wonder sometimes don't you?)

So sorry about your poor burned feet. But pleased that you now have an MRI appt.

Well done too for completing the dreaded ESA forms.

Hope your feet feel better soon and good luck with the scan on Sunday. will be thinking of you.

Love Tilly xxx
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    Hi Sue
    I did the foot and hot bath thing last week oh the pain, what was I thinking .. oh yes I wasnt!!!! I feel for you it is awful. I sometimes think I need more supervision than my 11 month old grandaughter :shock:
    Hope things improve
    Love theresa x
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx