claiming dla for an fused ankle

Options
dewisfamily
dewisfamily Member Posts: 5
edited 28. May 2011, 10:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
i have gained a blue badge (some months ago ) and in the attached letter it says about claiming for DLA .I suffer from sever arthritis of the ankle and knees i also suffer from severe depression, what are the chances of getting DLA ?I find it very difficult filling out forms and do not want to waste my time filling out forms just to be rejected? I have now been told i need my ankle fused because it is that bad will that help my claim HAS ANY ONE GOT DLA FOR A FUSED ANKLE?

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello

I don't have any experience of claiming DLA so can't advise but I see that you have had lots of replies on your other thread.

If you do decide to claim, really good luck with it.

Love Tilly xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi,

Welcome to the forum and I know there are some with fused ankles but don't know about the dla side but would think you should qualify.

I wonder if you could get some advice and help to fill in the forms from either the CAB or from DIAL? That's probably your best be.

Nice to meet you and hope you can find some help.Cris x
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Hi

Having experience of helping a friend with DLA I would say
    that its not the fact that you have a Fused Ankle
    but the criteria would be how it affects your everyday life.
    Walking, sleeping, sitting, tackling stairs, bathing and so on.

How often in the day and night do you need
    help with tasks even if you dont get that help seems to be their stock statement.

If you go for it hope it all works out well.
    Kath
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    Options
    I have got mobility allowance for my arthritis because I cant walk far without being in severe pain even though I dont need help to do things in the home.

If you need help in the home to do things then you may get the care allowance too.

I think it is worth trying as you dont know unless you try. You dont need to qualify for the care element to get mobility allowance. Give it a go.
    Jakib0644.gif