What do you have most morning's for breakfast

alanthemanc
alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
edited 3. Jun 2011, 09:21 in Community Chit-chat archive
I 'm only asking because I thought about it the other day, and laughed when I realised that I had, had Weatabix for breakfast everyday for the last 20 years. I sort of like them, and just got into a habit of having them everyday, so thats 3x7x52=1092 x 20 =21840 eaten.
Wow I must like them, what do you have .for breakfast. Alanthemanc

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Jesus.... All them weetabix :shock:
    You must be like the worlds strongest man :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol:

I have a cup of tetleys and maybe a biscuit, sometimes a bit of chocolate.. :green
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 27. May 2011, 17:28
    toast so can take my meds forgot the banana lol and do put butter om toast lovely it is :grin:
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Mines fruit and fibre cereal with plenty of semi skimmed milk and a black cup of tea.

Karen xx
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    It's all very healthy, maybe too healthy, anyone still have the old sausage, eggs fried bread, etc. Heart trouble on a plate, but good stuff.
  • constable
    If I ate a full breakfast I wouldn't be able to move all day. It would be just to much eating loads early morning.

Karen xx
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    14 Pills, then T, then coffee, then a ciggy - I know, I am naughty. :roll:
  • constable
    Yes Bubbles, you are so naughty, fancy having a t and a coffee. The cigs ok though. So do I, dont know how I would cope without at the moment, you?

Karen xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    I have a bowl of muesli with plain yoghurt. I count out exactly 6 grapes and put them on top. Why 6 :?: I don't really know, but it's one of those slightly obsessive compulsive things. It just has to be 6; less or more wouldn't be quite right somehow. Then I add a little runny honey on the top with a few chopped walnuts for good measure. I have this most days, with a cup of tea.
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    constable wrote:
    Yes Bubbles, you are so naughty, fancy having a t and a coffee. The cigs ok though. So do I, dont know how I would cope without at the moment, you?

Karen xx

At this moment in time, what with back and forth to hospital every day, visiting dad, I would not fair well, yes, I know it is bad for me, but I need them. XX
  • valval
    corn flakes today with ice cold milk and sugar lovely such a treat val
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Rice crispies/cornflakes, semi skimmed milk taken after the meds and then a must is the mug of strong, percolated, black coffee.

Elna x
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Seems that I'm the exception here , can't have milk so no cereal for me ; every day it's one rasher and a poached egg . Jillyb
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    I have a pint of water, followed by a glass of orange juice and usually make a cup of tea but let it go cold. During the week I have a cup of tea when I get to work, on Saturdays I have a cuppa while sitting waiting for the girls at ballet. Sundays are lazy days so I have one at home.

I then have fruit during the morning and maybe a cereal bar.

Never been able to stomach breakfast. I do my girls' wonderful breakfasts, something different every day: bacon and eggs, scrambled eggs on toast, muffins, crossoints and (if there's no time) just cereal. But I don't eat any of it myself!

Nxx
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    I take my tablets!! I cant eat or drink anything in the morning. I havent been able to eat in the morning since having my kids.

I tend to eat about 11am and then 3pm and I drink either water or squash.

If I am feeling hungry about 9.30ish I have cereal but because I cant have too much milk I use apple juice or orange juice on cereal like frosties, cornflakes, bran flakes.

It sounds horrible but its not. If anything I find it refreshing.
  • katknapp
    katknapp Member Posts: 709
    ummm sugar puffs lol :oops: still a kid at heart :grin:
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    As a youth = a **** and a cup of tea
    As a newly wed = sex
    As a middle aged geezer = a bacon buttie
    As an arthritic old dodger = porridge. tomato juice, 5mg prednisolone.
    25mg azathiroprine
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    another arthritic old dodger
    porridge,black coffee and 25mg diclofenac................... :roll:
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    As I don't do mornings, I get Lunch for breakfast.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It varies. I go through phases of favourite foods and can quite quickly go off them. At the moment it's a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes (dry, I'm used to dry cereals after years of milk intolerance). I have just had a few weeks of not having anything, then prior to that, say September to March, it was eggs, either boiled or scrambled. On Christmas Day it's Smarties. I also like anchovies on toast (sans butter) or a salad cream sandwich. This morning it was two beetroot after the cereal, 'cos my tastebuds sudenly said 'Beetroot!'

I don't feel hungry in the mornings, which is a problem as I need to eat as I take a fair few tablets first thing - well, I spread them out a little now, too much makes me feel icky. :sad: I find breakfast a struggle.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    2 pieces of toast and home made plum jam.A cuppa, but like Nina it is usually cold by the time I get to drink it, sulpha, iron tabs and anti-sickness pills.

But my fave is weetabix too as it is always mentioned in healthy food guides. Must get a new box.

Elizabeth
  • katknapp
    katknapp Member Posts: 709
    But my fave is weetabix too as it is always mentioned in healthy food guides. Must get a new box.

i like weetabix too but have to have sugar on it damn my sweet tooth!asda do mini weetabix with banana chips in they are lovely!
  • valval
    rehab44 wrote:
    A Goose Egg this morning,
    granddaughter and I are trying out foods we have not had before, she had a duck egg.

goose eggs masive how did you eat it all
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    This morning for breakfast I had...
    A cup of tetleys
    Two paracetamol
    One slow release diclofenic
    One loratadine
    One lorazapam
    One mebeverine

And two lightly buttered toasted teacakes, thanks to my darling OH.
    :grin:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    A bowl of crunchy nut (indoors) and a Gitane (outdoors). Bliss.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,262
    Hi Alanthemanc.
    i have 2 30 mg solpadol
    20 mg 1 omeprazole
    some porridge
    10 mg 1 amlodipine
    2.5 mg
    1 lisinopril
    1 50 mg diclofenic
    water to drink
    then its walking with the dog and me on my scoota.
    joan xx

Who's Online

3 Guests