At last doc that listens!

Options
margareth64
margareth64 Member Posts: 148
edited 28. May 2011, 08:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
Saw my doctor today the only one in practise that I hadnt seen. She has given me Amptryline?? something I cant spellit!! And an anti inflammatry. She is getting bloods done on Tue when they reopen ,Bank holiday on Monday, then im getting some kind of injection into my hips to help with the Bursitis she does that herself. She mentioned refering me to Rhemy and said it sounds like I have Fibro as well but wants to rule out everything else. I felt like hugging her, :lol::lol: Ive three docs in practise and she is very hard to get now I no why!! The anti inflammatry is called Etopan xl 600mg ive never heard of these??
Margaret

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    that great news my doc much the same wait of 2 to 3 weeks but worth it she great always listens and never makes me feel it all in my head. hope things improve for you now val
    val
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Margareth

Such a positive post from you. That is great, it makes such a difference when a doc listens, sympathises and is efficient with sending you for bloodtests and so on and giving scripts for meds. You may find that the amitriptyline will help you sleep at night if you have trouble with this. I am not sure what strength you have been started on but the dosage can be increased by the doc if it does not appear to be helping you.

Look after yourself,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, I'm glad you have found a good doctor, its so much better to have a good relaitonship. I hope your meds soon start to help you. Love Sue