after injections

Options
princess935
princess935 Member Posts: 90
edited 28. May 2011, 10:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
After my injections in both knees yesterday, it has worked in my left knee, but it doesnt seem to have worked in the right knee.

Oh well, im just grateful I have some respite in one knee, just hobble on the other.

Am i sounding ungrateful, or did i set my expectations too high.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Give it time. I think I am right in saying he didn't aspirate one of them so the fluid will still be in there, which won't help matters. Steroids take time to be effective - the better you rest them the better chance you have of success. I hope they both feel better soon.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Princess :smile:

I do not think you set your expectations too high. We like to think that things will work, don't we? At least one knee feels better. You never know, perhaps it may take a day or two for the injection to work in the other knee or were you told that if it was going to work the result would be immediate.

Here's hoping the other knee soon feels better too.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    Options
    I think sometimes injections work and other times they dont. You might find that it annoys the joint for a while and then settles down. If you notice immediate difference then you are lucky.

I think we always expect more than we actually get from the treatment and we are disappointed when it doesnt work the way we expect.

I hope things start improving for you and that the injection has worked.

Take care
    Jakib0644.gif
  • princess935
    princess935 Member Posts: 90
    Options
    thanks

dream daisy he didnt take fluid off either knee, he said when he put the steroid in some fluid came out, but didnt aspirate because i was so anxious and he didnt want to prolong it. Back in 10 days, so he might do it then.

The left knee, the one its worked in, still bit sore walking up stairs, but fine going down and walking about.

maybe the other knee does need a bit longer, fingers crossed.

Just happy to have one knee okish

xx