Acumed Patches

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 31. May 2011, 12:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
hello everyone

just thought i post something on here, i using these patches Acumed Patches they seem to help me, put them on monday and started to feel better, on tuesday, its not a cure far from it, but it helps me and i got OA just thought i share it with you all.
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sylvia :smile:

It is good to hear that these patches help you with your OA. I take it these are not prescribed but you buy them on line or in a chemist shop.
    I hope they continue to give you relief. Have you been using them for long?

Take care
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sylvia

Really glad they have helped you. Hope they will get better the longer you have then as well I don't know if they are accumulative or not?

I got some patches, not those ones though but I can't remember the name and they might have made me so ill.... never had the courage to try them again they did help though.....

Nice to see you and fingers crossed this will continually work for you. Cris x
  • only49
    Options
    Hi elna and cris

Yeah I got them from a well known chemist starting with b
    I got them on Monday have just changed them tonight so I get in a routine of changing them once a week.
    They cost £15 a pack but you got enough to last you for over 3 weeks, I got nothing to loose by trying them, you can google them and see what they are like if you want.

Thanks for replying
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Sylvia

I am THRILLED to bits for you that you found something that helps your OA even if only a bit!!!

I googled them so l understand a bit about them....I wonder if you can use them with the other patches??? as well. Cris yours were bu-trans like mine :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • only49
    Options
    hi toni

from what i understand about them i think somehow they work something like a tens machine, but different, i saw them on the shelf in b###s and thought well either they will work or they wont, and last night when i took them off and while my new ones where working i could feel it, but back to normal, today, when you first put them on it feels abit like you have just pulled a plaster off kind of feeling, but as they say nothing ventured nothing gained.
    i cant see any reason why they would not work with something else, they are an ancient Chinese thing, they were dealing with these things before tablets and that stuff come along.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Sylvia thank you for sharing this info.
    And I am really pleased that is giving you some relief.
    Is it just for OA or can RA peeps use them too? (will google and look as I have RA)

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • only49
    Options
    julie47 wrote:
    Sylvia thank you for sharing this info.
    And I am really pleased that is giving you some relief.
    Is it just for OA or can RA peeps use them too? (will google and look as I have RA)

Take care
    Juliepf x
    hi julie dont know sorry cant answer that one, its worth googling it to find out and if you think they will work you got nothing to loose.

i so glad its helped, when you have to live with arthur's pain you'll try anything that works that keeps him away.
    if only for a little bit, after all we are all different what works for one might not work for another, heat works for me, but ice works for others, i hate the cold weather it makes mine worse.
  • only49
    Options
    another tip re patches i found, as the cold has a negitive effect on my pain also, if i think its going to not be a warm enough day for my knees, i have adapted some thermal under trousers, i cut the bottom quarter of with the grip on it so they are like these i think they call them peddle pushes, ( not sure about that ) like long/ shorts but cover my knees but dont get the full length, i think you get the idea, doing that and with the patches do really help, i am now into week 2 of them.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    A good tip there sylvia

I have been on their website and RA is listed along with lots of other ailments.
    (nervousness too....was thinking of sticking the whole packet on for when I see the surgeon :lol: )

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • only49
    Options
    hi julie

i was just saying to hubby this morning how its me who found all this out, not the doctors, grrrr they just push pills at me and say get on with it, in so many words, i found what works for me also is, i been taking panadol night pain, and one liquid nuropen, at night and that really helps me, not taking the codiene phospahte the doctor gave me we all know what they say about codeine, and i got enough to live with, :lol::lol: just proves i know what works for me, why dont they listen to me. :lol::lol::lol: