ESA, MRI, Steroid injections

Options
purplestorm
purplestorm Member Posts: 54
edited 28. May 2011, 16:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all

Well im gonna start this post with some good news for me at last!!!!

Had a letter through from DWP who have agreed that I have limited capability of work - related activity and my ESA will contiune! sooooo relieved I can tell you the letter goes on to say I have to attend a work related activity group so just waiting to hear about that now but so much stress has been lifted knowing that It been accepted that I can contiune on ESA until there is some improvement!

Secondly went to see my consultant on Monday who strangly said "your medication is clearly not working" (steriods and sulf) and then continued by giving me steriod injections .....yes go figure!
Anyway since Ive had them Ive had more trouble than usual with more pains than usual and pains back in my feet and shoulders! been so tender in my legs where I had them I couldnt hardly sit down for the first 3 days and the niht of the injections I had to ask my partner to help me into bed as I just couldnt move, ive decided that im refusing to have them again they where horrible and have had a more negative effect than positive effect on my condition.

He then went on to organise a MRI scan on my hips and back as he has advised that if the inflamation can be seen on the scan then he will change my medication that im on to injections into my stomach but he didnt really go into too much detail about it.
Got to ave the scan 6th of June but not bak to see consultant until 6th July so theres another month of popping lots of pills that clearly dont work :-(

Anyway just wanted to give everyone an update on my situation at the mo

xxxx
If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito.

Comments

• rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Purplestorm

I am glad that you have had some postive news about your ESA but I am sorry that you are having such a bad time with the tablets, steroids etc.

I had a steroid injection in my back recently and it took a while for things to settle down. Sometimes things just dont work and there is no point in going through things for the sake of it.

I hope that things get better for you and you can sort your meds out once and for all.

Take care
    Jakib0644.gif
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi
    Good news about your ESA. Hopefully you'll get the right balance of meds.
    It's no joke having back ache. My back has been aching for weeks.

Take care.
    Sharmaine
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Storm,

Well done for the esa but the meds thing... its all a nightmare eh? I hope the consultant will be able to help better after the mri and in the mean time the aches and pains back off. Be kind to your self for a bit there. Cris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Hi Purplestorm

Good to see you and hear your news. ESA - what a releif for you.

Good news about the MRI...let's hope it shows something which helps inform the doc eh?

As for teh jabs.....they tend not to work for me , ut for some they can take a good while to work and people have said they noticed up to TWO weeks later. I hope hope hope you are one of those.

Love

Toni xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Purplestorm,
    What a relief about the ESA I am pleased that you have at least got that out of the way.
    Sorry to hear the injection has not had the right affect though. I hope it eases off for you over the weekend. Do you have a Rheumy nurse who you could contact? When the letter is sent to your dr you could ask him to explain things more clearly for you.
    The MRI is a good thing and hopefully will help to explain what is going on in your back and hips.
    Take care,
    Lv, I x