Had MRI today

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 30. May 2011, 06:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello, I've just come back from the hospital after having my MRI scan. It took 20 mins to scan my neck, I'm a bit stiff from laying on the metal table thing and my head aches from the noise, even though I had my ear defenders on. :shock: If anyone is waiting and worried about it, I'd say, personally I think, for me, they are less unpleasent than I imagined.

The 20 mins seemed to go quickly, I managed to relax. I understand how easy it must be to feel clostrophobic in those things, especially as this one didn't have a fan, like the other one I had at the same hospital, but I'm not complaining, its great to get it over and done with. They said I should get an appointment through to see the doctor, but it was the physio who sent me. Love Sue
I hope this time they don't find a new problem, like the Gynae cyst, when they did my hips. :shock: Just wait to hear from them now!

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    glad it over for you hope all is well val
    val
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Glad it's over & done with. I didn't think it was a bad experience, well, only the pain of lying on my back for so long but that was a necessity..
    I just ignored the noise.. Lol

Best of luck for your results..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Glad thats over for you, lets hope the results help make things easier for you.
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Hi Sue,
    Glad it's done and dusted, they are noisy aren't they? It's a bit like being in a tumble dryer :lol::lol::lol: I hope everything comes back fine, will be thinking of you, take care xxx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Sue

Just wanted to say "well done" and hope it's not too long to wait for the results.

Love Tilly xxx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    HI Sue
    Well done.....glad its over......I dont think it matters what defeneders you have on its still blinkin' noisy....One time I just had ear defentders on but one time i thad them on with music?????did you have any music?

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Glad you're all done and dusted, Woodbon, and I do hope they don't find anything that comes as a surprise. My only experience of an MRI was when I broken a hip (In bed! Long story) and I was so doped up with morphine they could have played heavy metal directly into my ears & I'd still have been smiling beatifically. Hope the news is good.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    I had to go in head first it is one of these bogie man things you are scared and yet when it is done you say ---'Is that all there is'.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Sue

Glad it wasn't as bad as what you thought. I was nervous too about having my head in there and there not being much space. You do come out thinking....what was I worried about......but i can say i don't want another :lol:

Hope the results come back soon and are all ok.

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Thank you for all the messages! :smile: I must have been tense, as I spent most of the evening asleep, yet it I didn't feel to bad at the time. I've also got itchy eyes at the moment from hey fever, which dosn't help my mood!!!
    I'm glad to get that over and done with and hope that it'll help them 'work out a care plan', which is what the senior physio who ordered it said.
    Anyway, thank you all once more. Lots of love Sue xxxx :wink: