Just joined

Options
cloud9
cloud9 Member Posts: 385
edited 5. Jun 2011, 16:29 in Say Hello Archive
I thought I'd say hello. I contacted Arthritis Care today with some problems I'm having in claiming benefits. They were very helpful. I have severe bi-lateral Talipes Equinovarus and have been told that I can't claim DLA as my condition is "likely to improve!!" I WISH. Anyone else had problems? :?:
Sue (Cloud9)

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Cloud9 and welcome!

Sorry you are having difficulties with your DLA claim, but glad that you were able to talk to the Helpline.

If you repost your message on the Living with Arthritis (LWA) forum I think more people will see it and you will get more replies, because most of us look there regularly.

We are a friendly bunch here and I hope you will find the forum helpful.

Love Tilly xxx
  • cloud9
    Options
    Thankyou Tilly, I'll take your advice.
    Sue (Cloud9)
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the forum. I've no idea what it is that have, I assume it's a form of arthritis?

Hope you get some advice on the lwa section..

Be well.
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • cloud9
    Options
    No it wasn't initially arthritis but due to the many surgeries and manipulations I've had for talipes, it is rare that you can get away in later life without getting arthritis :wink:
    Sue (Cloud9)
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Oh dear.. Sounds like you've been through the mill & have more dross to look forward too... :roll:

Hope that you are not suffering today, see you around the forum, be well :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • cloud9
    Options
    Thankyou Tony. Would all be sooooooo much easier without DWP battle. :roll:
    Sue (Cloud9)
  • Ros33
    Ros33 Member Posts: 20
    Options
    HEY cloud 9 welcome!!

I am also new to the forum just wanted to let you know I had problems getting DLA also apparently they turn most people down first time to see if you will appeal. I did and was advised to get letters from as many meidcal proff as possible to go along with my forms. It worked and i was then awarded Mobility and care make sure you fill the forms out as you would be on your worst day don't sugar coat it.

i totally sympathise it is so stressfull you are dealing with enough without worrying about benefits. Feel free to get in touch anytime i have been there so I know how you feel. Good luck and take care.

Roslynxx
  • cloud9
    Options
    Thankyou so much Ros. Yeah I asked for a reconsideration and both my G.P. and consultant surgeon are sending letters on my behalf. xx
    Sue (Cloud9)
  • Ros33
    Ros33 Member Posts: 20
    Options
    That's great good luck xx