Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Hi - 34 with RA (since childhood)

Anna76Anna76 Posts: 8
edited 7. Jun 2011, 10:19 in Say Hello Archive
Hi

I'm a 34 year old lady and was diagnosed with Jeuvenile Cronic Arthritis (JCA) when I was a baby which is now known in adult terms as Rheumatoid Arthritis. Although tough at times and lots of foot surgery, I managed to have a career as a PA full-time and luckily have understanding employers who support me when needed.

I'm finding things a but tough at the moment and feel a bit alone with it all as I've been on Oral Steroids for 2 years in the hope to fall pregnant (no such luck yet). I'm having a flare up at the mo and feel really frustrated as am trying Sulfasalazine but feel I'm experiencing horrible side effects.

Would love to speak to anyone who has/had similar experiences or has been on oral steroids long term successfully.

It's a horrible illness at times and I can feel like people don't really understand or don't want to listen so anyone that would like a chat that would be great.

:-)

Comments

• tillytoptillytop Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello again Anna

I know we have been "chatting" on LWA forum but just wanted to say that, hopefully, by joining our "merry band" you will feel less alone with things. We are a friendly bunch and you will be made very welcome.

Love Tilly xxx
  • suzygirlsuzygirl Posts: 2,005
    Hi Anna, I have replied to your other thread. Now you have found the forum you won't be alone anymore. I do take steroids long term, and at the moment cannot see a way without them, although I live in hope!!

However, I already have children, so it is different for me. Maybe you could contact the advice line re meds safe to take in pregnancy?? For some reason, I seem to think that Azathiaprone is safe, but I could be wrong. Maybe NRAS would know? I am sure others have been in a similar situation.

I hope you can get some helpful advice.
  • tjt6768tjt6768 Posts: 12,170
    Hi Anna, just a quick welcome as my hands are hurting.
    You won't regret joining, we are a very friendly bunch hun.

Hope you are not suffering too much today. See you around the forum.

Be well :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • traluvietraluvie Posts: 2,579
    Hi Anna,

Welcome from me too..
    I know that feeling of feeling like no1 understands.. many of us do..
    on here though you do not have to worry..
    I take depo mendrone injection every 12 weeks .. i did try the tablets, but i found the injection helps me more.. I feel the difference with the injection, i recently had a break for nearly 2 months as i didn't want to be reliant on them, The swelling and pain was horrendous so was told i'd prob be better to have injection again..I'm glad i did as the swelling and pain has subsided in most joints so that a good thing lol..
    It's good that you have supportive employers, that really helps, no added stress..
    Look forward to seeing you around..
    Take care
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx