Hi hello just joined

taffygirl
taffygirl Member Posts: 8
edited 19. Jun 2011, 05:57 in Say Hello Archive
Hello to everyone, I have just joined. I have osteoathritis in the lower back area i also have sjogrens syndrome which is a form of athritis and also an auto immune disease which means my immune system attacks its own tissues and doesnt do what it should do if i am feeling unwell. Looking forward to chatting to people who know just what its like.

Comments

• traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Taffy,

Welcome from me..
    You have come to a great sight of helpful, supportive and informative people.. We each have our own issues but can relate to so many, It's a place where you know you are not on your own..
    Look forward to seeing you around..x
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, you have found the right place. We are all familiar with arthritis and its assciated conditions so I hope you are able to find some valuable help, information and support from the forum. I have PA (psoriatic arthritis, cause auto-immune) and OA (not auto-immune) plus a history of asthma and eczema (auto-immune) so really the PA shouldn't have come as the surprise it did - it was, after all, the next logical step. :smile: I am into the fifteenth year of PA, but only recently found out about the OA. LWA (living with arthritis) is for all things medical and coping with this dross, the other forums are self-explanatory. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • taffygirl
    Hi Tracy & dreamdaisy, thanks so much for the warm welcome its taken me a while to find this site have searched so many but i think this one is going to be just fine.

Sandra
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Hi Taffy,

Your right it is hard to find an active and helpful site.. But i believe this is the best one i have come across.. It is quite active so your never on your own..
    As DD said it is like a whole new world on here,hope you enjoy..x
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • taffygirl
    Good to hear from someone today. Will sign back on later or tomorrow. Take care

Lots of love

Taffy x
  • Seabreeze
    Seabreeze Member Posts: 25
    Hi Taffy

Welcome, you have found a great site. You and moan and groan and ask for support when you have to see doc. Also great to make online friends and support them. Have a great evening.

Maria
  • katie5
    katie5 Member Posts: 242
    hi taffy

just want to say welcome and hope you find everyone friendly and supportive.

take care

katie x
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Hi taffy and welcome!!

I have sjorgens, lupus and inflammatory arthritis amongst other things. These auto immune beasts do so dislike being alone, unfortunately.

I hope you get the support you need.

Take care
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Morning Taffy, welcome from me too hun.

I hope that you are not suffering too much this morning...

Looking forward to seeing you posting..

Be well mi dear
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • taffygirl
    Hello to you all its really great to receive so many messages your all so friendly. Its good to hear from someone who understands sjogrens because you can look so well no one takes you seriously when you say your not feeling to good, my daughters do they understand as i have had it for about 25years now so i suppose i am lucky in a way and, the one thing i dont want is to be seen as a moaner. I will look in reguarly on this site and see how you are all doing.

Take care all

Taffy girl
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Feel free to join in in any of the sections hun.
    Chit chat is a great section for some light hearted fun etc.

Be well & don't be a stranger..
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • GUINDI
    GUINDI Member Posts: 28
    Hi Sandra

Welcome to the site. As you can see everyone is really friendly and helpful. I only joined a few weeks ago and I was really down about it but they all re-assured me and helped me to be more positive -

we are not alone - we all got each other.

speak soon
    Paloma xxx
  • taffygirl
    Hello Paloma, thanks for your lovely message. I was at the hospital on Monday having physio for the ostioathritis in base of my back, have to do them at home as well, which i dont mind but at the moment i am having a bit of a flare up in my muscles and am feeling a bit tired so not doing so much at the moment. Having my hair done tomorrow that always makes me feel good. Hope you and everyone else in the forum are as well as you can be.

Lots of love

taffygirl
    Sandra
  • janrud1
    janrud1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Taffy
    I am new to this as well. My rheumy was convinced I had SJS but bloods came back clear. Been seeing 2 neuros 1 thought MS and last one said degeneraive arthritis in neck and spine and basically said goodbye I am at a loss but just found this site and think it may well help me and others like me.
    Jan
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi Taffygirl, Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :smile: Amanda/bubbadog.