Hi

Options
sarahthesinger
sarahthesinger Member Posts: 7
edited 18. Jun 2011, 04:46 in Say Hello Archive
Hi My name is sarah and my daughter Emmie has JIA with uveitis.
Emmie was diagnosed at 2 and soon next week she will be 8 years old.
It has been a journey seeing my daughter suffer with Arthritis something that I find hard to describe. I pray every day that this horrible disease will leave our family. I feel so tired, so worried, so terrible at times, my days are always thinking how do I get rid of this problem but I can't do it.
Emmie has been on Methetrexate for 4 years, and just recently had a big flare, Cons had to increase her methetrexate and at the same time tell me she has her ankle affected now. Her main joints affected are her Knees, but has also had a toe, finger and now ankle. I am confused! I am currently trained to give Emmie her injection weekly which isn't pleasant but something that needs to be done. It is a mind game that never ends. I wish I could take it all for her so she can have more fun! sarah

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sarah, I think I have answered you somewhere else, but welcome to the forum anyway! There are q few mums who post as often as they can on the child forum, so I hope you find some useful support there. Having to inject your child cannot be easy for either of you: first and foremost you should be a mum, not a nurse. I wish you both well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben