skippity do dah!.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 16. Jun 2011, 17:04 in Community Chit-chat archive
Will someone tell me what the hell is going on?, every time I purchase a new book the subject seems to come up in the media a few weeks later, last one was on the God particle the Higgs Boson, anyway the latest book I have is called the 23rd cycle and is about our local star the sun, now it’s interesting and a bit deep but all in all a good scientific book, anyway what comes on the PC(Unless you’re a Buddhist then jokes about the dalai Lama are acceptable is seems,flippin hypocrites ) BBC news but a story saying that scientist in the US say the sun could well be going to sleep and we could all be in for global cooling event that may last tens of years!.
Now is it me or is there a slight smirk of cynicism creeping in, these said scientist wouldn’t be paid by a US oil company would they??, I just ask as the sun is kicking out a fair bit of ionising radiation just now, how do I know this you may well ask!, well the 11m radio band is open for skip talking or DX’ing( Len will know all about this).
I’ve managed to get Austria on FM and Scotland (but I don't think I will bother with them as they were nasty buggers full of hate for the UK how odd international abuse/racsim, that's a new one even on me!)and the canary Islands on SSB, Germany again on FM and the other day I got the East coast of Canada on SSB, now none of this would be possible if the sun was not becoming more active as it should be right now as were coming up to a 11 year cycle peak next year.
So who's right here, anyone of you into sun watching?, not page 3 before anyone of you takes the rise!.

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You are ahead of the game Mell. A very good observation. However if the sun was going to sleep wouldn't we all be doomed? Even a teeny eeny change would have disasterous effects on planet Earth- Unless we are creeping a little bit closer to offset the sleeping Sun?

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    What is this mysterious thing called 'sun'? Currently have the lights on and am watching the water level creeping up our front path. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Oh what are you two like!.
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    I just think Mel, that, sometimes, your posts are quite... how shall I put it... intellectually advanced? To be honest, a lot of what you say goes RIGHT over my head :D Love you to bits though and I do try to follow!

Nxx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Don't be fooled Nina. He has his daughter write them for him, lol
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    That explains everything, Tone - I wondered how he got so intellectual, he's a woman!

Nxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    he goes right over my head manage half then give up but he is fab though val
    val
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    His Daughter's name is Dave :shock: :shock:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP