Printer woes.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 19. Jun 2011, 07:32 in Community Chit-chat archive
I am exasperated with this bit of technology. It sits in the same room as my computer, they are about ten feet apart. Both are wi-fi, the router is two floors up where my husband's computer sits. His comminucates beautifully with the printer, mine does not. It will (grudgingly I feel) print off one or maybe two sheets, then an error message comes up telling me that the computer is not responding and it then shows me a picture of flashing ink refills. I put two new cartridges in last Thursday. Why is it doing this? I check the connection - the blue wi-fi light is nice and steady, I print off the connection details from the menu then it may (or may not) print another sheet for me from my computer. It is more temperamental than a pop diva.

Does anyone have any ideas? It's a Kodak ESP5210 and my computer is a Dell Inspiron. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi DD I've gone on google but it will take a bit of looking I feel to sort it out, try that or Bing is the only thing I can suggest other than PM'ing living ledgend on here.
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Change your printer. Kodak are rubbish and the so called
    cheaper inks are pure mythology.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    It can't be that bad if it works fine for Mr DD.. I'm thinking a communication problem, can you hardwire it just to see if it works that way, at least it will cut down the scope of possible problems. If it works fine hardwired then it's obviously something from your pc not communicating too well, at a guess, believe me, I'm no expert, lol...

Worth a try if it's not too much hassle. Good luck.
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    As young Charlie said to me yesterday (ten years old with the wisdom of buddha) all printers are good printers when they work. We are pleased with the Kodak (well, one of us is) and when it does deign to work for me it's fine, I just don't get why it will do up to three different print jobs and then sulk, whereas for Mr DD (who is probably about fifty feet above it) it will spew out page after pager after page (and I am the mug who has to monitor it and feed it paper :roll: ) I have had a look on-line, I would prefer to talk to a human being though. (Good luck with that one, Daisy!) In the meantime I shall continue to turn it off, then after about five minutes turn it back on and do what is needed. That kinda works.

Thank you everyone for your input. DD
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I have issues with my printer too. Even though my laptop says they are connected it just doesn't want to know.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I think it knows mine! Sulky things, aren't they? DD
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Options
    DD.
    I have a Kodak, however I'm using a U.S.B. cable. Maybe you could try device manager, just a suggestion. I do know that with Kodak's, unfortunately if one cartridge runs out, youv'e got to replace it, or the other won't work. Alanthemanc
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Options
    D.D.
    Just been on a forum, and one guy suggested asking your broadband provider to change the channel on your router. It won't do any harm because I've done it on mine, and got a better connection. Worth a try. Alanthemanc
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thanks Alan, I changed both cartridges for new ones but as for ringing my broadband provider . . . well, on the few occasions that I have rung them let's say that English is not the first language of the person talking to me. DD
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Ooooo, I wonder where they're based then :shock: :shock: :lol:

dreamdaisy wrote:
    Thanks Alan, I changed both cartridges for new ones but as for ringing my broadband provider . . . well, on the few occasions that I have rung them let's say that English is not the first language of the person talking to me. DD
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I would love to answer, but can't. 'Cos actually I don't know. I have some ideas tho.
  • tjt6768
    Options
    I bet it wouldn't actually be classed as a local call though... Lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Tell you wot DD I have a Panasonic HD recorder that is crap, I'll bring it over to yours, you grab your printer and we can burn them together in your back garden and dance (badly) around the flames with a bottle of wine each!, good idea or wot?.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Ooooooh! You're on! Shall we be really daring and do so naked? :shock:
  • tjt6768
    Options
    I daredn't ask what's going on in here.. All this nudity and flames :shock: :shock: :shock:

Can we throw these smack heads that are costing the country so many millions per year to keep on the pancrack on the fire too??

e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP