That Panorama Immigration Programme.

Options
alanthemanc
alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
edited 17. Jun 2011, 09:47 in Community Chit-chat archive
Anyone see it. I know it's a controversial subject, but that programme was a real eye opener. Absolutely frightening, and when the guys at the docks said they catch one per day, thats a joke, they must miss 99.
I don't know how to solve this in the future, and although it seems this country is slowly going down the proverbial nick, the people clung to the underside of these HGV'S still seem to think it's the promised land.
Those thousands spending months/ years at Calais will get here by hook or by crook, it's a matter of time.
A very bad situation for the future, and one that will not be solved on the Arthritis Care website. Whatdoyouthink, Alanthemanc

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    We didn't watch it but let's face it, this country is a soft touch now. They know what they are after and after a short interval they get it. Shame that those who pay their taxes for it can't get even the minimal help when it's needed. What mugs we all are. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Options
    D.D.
    Watch it on the I Player. Greece seems to be the first port of call for them.....but Greece is skint. From what that prog said, once they get to Morocco, they have almost made it, because the Spanish coast is almost within sight.
    They were almost all Afgan's who were penniless, and almost starving.
    Someone must have told them Britain is an ok place, with loads of jobs, thats debateable. Alanthemanc
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Need to build very high walls.... :green
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lozza812
    lozza812 Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Didnt see the programme, but know someone who used to work in that area of business.
    Still happening that illegal immigrants are caught and let go again because there is no detention space to keep them, only those with no room for appeal are kept because they can be put on a plane within a few days.
    If you live anywhere near an immigration reporting centre look for the queues around times of religious festivals. They are all lining up to hand themselves in on the voluntary return scheme - free flights home, back again after Christmas with Mum...