how is it at the end of the day 4 U?.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 20. Jun 2011, 07:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
Right for all of you with OA, end of the day what are your joints like?, I have kneecap OA so it's not that common so I'll hang fire until you reply.

Comments

• madwestie
    madwestie Member Posts: 383
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Mell, i have OA in my neck (as well as Ra). but for my neck by the end of the day i start to get a sort of cold sensation in my left shoulder like the feeling when you hand has gone dead before the pins and needles and i feel the need to sit with my neck rested but i cannot lean back on anything too hard as the pressure on the back of my head makes it worse. so from an OA point of view my neck is worse about 5 hours after I get up and then again by the end of the day.

Tracey
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have bone-on-bone (plus bone growths) on the outside of each knee. They start as rubbish with pain and deteriorate into utter dross with more pain throughout the day. They make my life hell. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Very painful is all I can say, my back decides not to bend, my hips and one knee, are having a blazing row with one another...and last but not least...my hand thought it was being left out....so is now joining in the fun.
    Apart from that Im not to bad......oh and the brain is mushed.....or is that in a morning...Iv forgot.. :eek: :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    At the end of the day my body is very naughty and every joint seems to be fighting to get the most attention. My worst areas are my back and my neck and I have to go to bed to get any relief mind you the hip and the knee are beginning to join in big time and this week I have had terrible problems with my fingers.
    I need help with a pillow --- I am waking with terrible headaches!
    Cath
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I have confirmed OA in my left foot and if I have been standing a lot then it is agony. Even if I sit down it locks up and is agony to move again. I now tend to push myself until everything is done and then collapse in bed, have several hours of severe pain. It is okay in the morning.
    Most of my other joints are R.A damaged or hassled and they behave differently in that the pain comes and goes at different times and don't seem to follow any pattern.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • jayneys
    jayneys Member Posts: 122
    Options
    Hi end of the day sad and very bad ,by nine thirty cant stand it any longer have to move ,have OA IN HIps and knees but by this time it feels like its every wre ,so i take meds and go to bed ,seem to make it till two or three if im lukey ,have to move again more pills back to bed ,the eve and morning seemed to have join together if you know what i mean.Sorry sounds like a real moan,well it is realey.Never mind the bit inbetween is slightly better.ALLTHE BEST LOVE JAYNE XXX
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Have (had?) OA in the left ankle (but new ankle 2 weeks ago,so too early to say!)
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    I have OA in knees, have problems in my hips not sure if this inflammatory or OA..
    I know at the end of the day i am aching and can't wait to get into bed with all my cushions surrounding me , take me tabs, cup of tea and try get comfy..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Well the hip problem is sorted I hope but the lower back now creeping onward and upward and fingers, thumbs and top of neck. By the end of the day, feel like I have done boxing rounds with Mike Tyson, and especially today being damp. Mark you today the old back has been bad all day.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    OA in neck, hands, knee, hip, amongst other forms of arthur, start the day stiff and sore end it a blooming wreck, neck causes alsorts of problems, pain, dizzy, headaches from hell, then there is the painfull ache in shoulders, dead arm sindrome and pins and needles down my arms, so all in all, great fun :|
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    caterina57 wrote:
    At the end of the day my body is very naughty and every joint seems to be fighting to get the most attention. My worst areas are my back and my neck and I have to go to bed to get any relief mind you the hip and the knee are beginning to join in big time and this week I have had terrible problems with my fingers.
    I need help with a pillow --- I am waking with terrible headaches!
    Cath

ive taken to using a cloud pillow from one of the shopping chanels, expencive and a bit wierd at first but realy helps.
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Mellman, depends how advanced the OA is, in the earlier stages - the type of day you have had affects how your joints feel. By the end stages -as the day progresses, the pain worsens.

Melly1
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    At the end of the day I'm totally wacked out! can hardly keep my eyes open! My osteo-porosis effected area's feel hot to touch. I usually go up stairs and watch telly in bed by 9pm so I can lie on the bed and rest my joints. So that's what I'm like at the end of the day! :smile:
  • lilyflower
    lilyflower Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi Mell, my joints are always worse at the end of the day especially my neck and shoulder.
    Sometimes I hate going to bed because soon as I relax they all start going mad. :cry:
    Lil
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Now then Mell... Most bed times are a bad time for me, by then most of the joints have given in being sociable and have turned on their host... Especially the back, legs and knees... Saying that, lately the wrists, hands & eblows ain't fun... And is pretty much the case on a morning too... :roll:

The best bit of the 24hrs in the day for me is any point when I'm asleep, beyond that and it's likely to be miserable, lol.....

e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    ..knackered basically.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    OH Mell.... the end of the day....

Not the best time :roll:

Mine vary from pain to total curl up sobbing in agony depending.....

Tonight its the tight shoulders and collar bones and chest as well as the elbows, back and neck all competing for the pain award.... I try to ignore them all while they fight it out.....

Hope you got a good night and the knees are a bit less painful for now? Cris xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Basically, At the end of the day the calling from the bed is deafening so you just have to go!! :lol: And we are knackered! :wink: