The History of Ray Ban Sunglasses and Eye Protection

Options
constable
constable Member Posts: 2,115
edited 20. Jun 2011, 05:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have to say, I can't wear sunglasses, I don't like the way they seem to stop being able to see very clearly. Even slightly darker I feel very uncomfortable with, but then, I am a weirdo I know.

Karen xx
Karen xx

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I dont like them either but sunlight brings on a migraine for me sometimes so l have some that adjust in the sunlight....

I also have the sun visor down in my car all the time.

What about a cap? you know to sheild your eyes without actually darkening the area??

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Karen
    Like Del says prescriptions ones are brilliant, its the only way I could get my OH to wear them, and he cant believe the difference...they do have a slightly yellowish tint.
    Now mine are from wilkies...and I love them but I do know what you mean, I tried the reactive ones, but when I entered a building I couldnt see a thing .
    Love
    Barbara
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    I thought I was going to have a little history lesson there!! Years ago there was a newspaper article about raybans being owned by same company as gillette and that they used to have hamsters to test on and some journalist was reporting(allegedly) the unnecessary cruelty...so i wont buy their products.
  • constable
    Options
    Well Oneday you should have done. I simple replied a thread that someone had started(cant remember name)and it was all about, well, what it says in the title, I was just replying to it.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • oneday
    Options
    I am not sure how to take your reply.
    I typed mine in a friendly way...as I thought oh thats sounds an interesting thread and perhaps with some funny quirky story to it...then added a bit of info i knew...
    your reply sounds a bit unfriendly although its hard to tell?
    I dont come on this forum as often so i wouldnt have realised you were replying to a thread of a similiar name perhaps or subject.
    If you are being friendly then i apologise...
    p.s. had a weekend from hell so may be sensitive.
  • constable
    Options
    Hello Oneday,

Please believe me when I say I had no intention of be nasty to you, if it came across as being unfriendly then I do apologise.

No what happened, I answered this thread myself, it was all about rayban sunglasses as in the title, but now it's saying I started the thread, so I am confused because I was purely answering to what had already been put on the thread.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Options
    Hi constable,

The thread was actually started by a spammer, but your answers were so good, I thought I would leave them.

Jean
  • oneday
    Options
    Thanks...I know its sometimes hard to put across the feeling behind it as we havent got our facial expressions to add.....although if we did and we are all sat in agony with arthur and screwed up faces!
  • constable
    Options
    Thanks Jean,

I thought I was going totally mad. I think when i looked at this thread, I didn't look close enough, must have been having a mental block time.

Karen xx
    Karen xx